Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/14/2006

Shes not Worried

Every day I learn new things from Ash and last night and this morning is no different. Ashley slept from 2:30 yesterday afternoon until 5:30 this morning without a care in the world. I would periodically go over to her and move her arms and legs or whisper her name to make sure she could respond to me. At one point I even asked my night nurse if someone had given her a bolus of medicine that I might have missed. As I sat through the night and worked myself into a frenzy about how long she had slept and about today's upcoming events I finally just had to stop and observe her. I don't know what time it was that I realized she just isn't worried. Ashley has an absolute peace about her daily events. She doesn't get concerned about what may be happening to her or about what might happen to her. She just goes about the buisiness of being a baby. I am still taking lessons from this amazing little lady that He created in His image. At this moment guess what she is doing? Just resting in the knowledge that He is taking care of her and she has drifted back to sleep. I began to search the scripture for a little help as my mind continued to run with thoughts of what if this and what if that and this is what I found.

Phil. 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice.

I believe that always means today while my little one goes into surgery again.

Phil 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING (thats a big one) let your requests be made known unto God.

O.k. so I know He led me to this passage for this reason. I need to be thankful today while she is in surgery. I need to be thankful while I pray for her and while I request that He take care of her while she is away from me. I think I can do this. I am thankful to be in this place with these surgeons and this team taking care of Ashley.

Phil 4:8 Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever thing are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of goog report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS.

Today I will try and do just that. I am going to think about the good and try to keep all of the negative, ugly, doubt away from me and Ash. I will concentrate on the good and the lovely things that He is doing in her life.

And finally:

Phil 4:11b In whatever state I am, therewith to be CONTENT.

When she is well and when she is not. When she is struggling and when she is not. When she hurts and when she does not. When she is laughing and when she is not. When she is playing and when she is not. When she is resting and when she is not. To be content no matter what circumstance I face with my daughter. This can only come from Him.

Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

As I look at my life this is what He has done and is doing. He is supplying for our needs in ways that I have yet to see or understand. He is supplying for Ashley and He is taking care of everything. He is a big God and He can supply all that Ash needs today. He is supplying her the rest and the strength that she will need to heal from today, and He is supplying her the peace of mind not to be anxious about it. My prayer today is that I will step back and think about what He is teaching me as I watch my youngest daughter not worry about a thing.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite so comforting as a promise from God. I never knew all that I was missing by not delving into His Word until Morgan was born. Today at 1pm Ashley will be at the forefront of my thoughts and prayers. And last, I'd like to share this promise with you...

"When a believing person prays, great things happen." James 5:16

Praying believing! ~ Amy

 
At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful passage to focus on this morning.....His Word is so true and so comforting in our times of needs. May you draw strength from Him today...knowing that you really are not alone....that HE will carry you and your family through Ashley's surgery today. What a blessing your journal is to so many....God is using Ashley's Story to reach so many. Stay Strong and May God's loving arms keep you close to HIM today!

 
At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Trish...I wasn't as strong as you & sort of hit a tail spin of deep depression following Joshua's birth but someone sent me Phillipians 4 on a prayer o gram & it pulled me up & helped me refocus. Satan loves to whisper the what if's to us....& before you know it...it overwhelms you. But, as you give it to God....such a relief...such a weight lifted. Thanks for the reminder....thanks for your example....praying for you today. (=

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home