Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/16/2006

Morning Blessing

Sorry for the late posting, but we have been busy working on our blessing from the Lord today. Ashley is now off of the ventilator and she is much more comfortable. She had such a hard night as they weaned her sedation in preparation for coming off of the vent this morning, but we made it through and now she is only on 1 liter of oxygen this morning. How blessed we are! I can see her beautiful face with her rosy cheeks and her shining little eyes. She is now resting after all of the mornings activities and they have already begun the medications to help her cope with the withdraw that she is experiencing. I am anxiously waiting the opportunity to hold her, rock her, cuddle her,and just love on her. I want to make sure she is stable before I pick her up and she is very sleepy so we need to allow her to rest first. I am just so blessed to be here with her. I know that things get tough, but when He blesses us He does it in big ways!

We still have a difficult feeding problem to tackle. They discussed many, many options this morning and none of them really appeal to me. They all involve more tests, upper GIs, contrast, x-rays, and ventilation. I am praying for the easier of the options to work for my sweet girl. If they do not then they will allow her to rest for a couple of days before placing her back on the vent and sending her down to allow "specials" in radiology to try and navigate the J portion of her tube into the intestine. What an up and down road we are traveling. I do not want to think of what may take place. Today I just want to enjoy my sweet Ashley. I am going to be thankful for the blessing He has given to us this morning.

As I look upon the Thanksgiving season quickly approaching one of the things I am most thankful for is the friendship and support we have been given. Your faithfullness to our family and to a little girl who so many of you have never met brings me to my knees as I thank the Father who has brought you all to us. I am thankful for each one of you and I am thankful that you have chosen to be part of our Ashley's story. Have a wonderful day and I encourage you to pick out at least one of your blessings today and thank Him for it. I choose.... the blessing of Ashley coming off of the ventilator this morning. Thanks for loving us and celebrating our blessings with us.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Katy said...

My heart rejoices with yours as Ashley is off the vent today. I hope and pray that you get to hold her, she needs to bed held and touched so bad. I hope you can do that today for her sake and yours! God bless your day.

 
At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came in for lunch & am so thankful that Ashley is off the vent. That is wonderful news. I have a HUGE smile to wear back to work now. (= Still praying about the feeding issues ....praying God will put the right person in radiology ...or on the team to get the J portion of the tube in place or whatever needs to be done to allow that darling to begin absorbing nutrition ....healing...& growing. I will check on you guys after work.... kiss that sweet sleeping beauty for us. (=

 
At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy that beautiful face!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home