Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/17/2006

A smile on my Heart...

Tonight the kids made it in to their Aunt Kathy's house after what sounds to be quite an adventure. Dave said that Nan called at least 4 times asking for directions during the trip. My mom is not the best at remebering directions, but I am so thankful that they arrived at their destination. My sister called to let me know that they had made it in, and my heart began to smile as I could hear my Allison just rattling on and on in the background as she caught up with her cousins. Even though I am missing Blake and Allie, I am so very glad they decided to go visit in Oklahoma. My heart is smiling as I think of all the fun they will have there with my sisters.

When I think of how it feels to arrive at my sisters house, my heart can't quit smiling. Of all the places in the world I could go visit their houses are my absolute favorite. When you arrive at my sister Kathy's house they just have a way of making you feel at home. David and I have always felt so comfortable and welcome there. One of the first things you receive as you walk in the door of their home is a big bear hug from "Umple Gene". You have never been hugged and I mean really hugged until you have been hugged by my brother in law Gene. It is the greatest feeling in the world. He has got to be one of the best people I have ever known. You will never meet a better person than Gene Chambers. After your hug from Gene, you are sure to be tackled by Jake and Jessie who are always so happy to see you. Then I see my sister Kathy and she shares that little grin with me that lets me know how glad she is to see her old friend finally arrive.

When you go to visit at my sister Toni's home, you have officially made it to the "Bruner Resort". This is a definite must on your travel plans. If you could imagine the best bed in breakfast around you might have a glimpse into what it is like to go visit. We all love to take our turn at the "Bruner Resort". My sister is the best hostess and most incredible cook in the world. She can do anything, and as she so faithfully taught all of our children to say, "Aunt Toni's food taste better because she cooks it with love". Imagine listening to that each morning as you faithfully burn Blake and Allie's biscuits.

The best thing about my sisters homes is the fun that we all as a group of friends have in them. We love to sit up late into the night and play board games until are eyes can't see anymore. We love to laugh and talk for hours. We love to make a huge deal out of every holiday and use them as excuses to all get together. The birthday parties are the best! How my heart smiles as I think of all the fun Blake and Allie will be having this week. My heart begins to smile even bigger as I think about how wonderful it will be when my Ashley is well enough to become a part of these special visits. How blessed she will be as she is allowed to grow up with this incredible group of people. Tonight I am missing my best friends who just happen to be my family. As I celebrate this Thanksgiving Season, one of the things I will be counting as a blessing is this family that He has allowed me to be a part of. Just thinking of all the wonderful times they will be having this week puts the biggest smile on my heart. Be sure to save a spot at the table for us next year because we plan on providing the "Gherkin(s)"! I love you guys and miss you! Good Night.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I wish you could be there--and Ashley too!--for this holiday. They must be missing you as much as you're missing them. I'm praying right now that next year will be even more special because you're ALL spending it together. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home