Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/17/2006

Rough Night and Tough Morning...

Our sweet Ashley is really struggling with the withdrawl issues. She did not sleep more than 2 hours all through the night combined. She is so agitated and itchy and shaky, and she just doesn't know why. This morning things have not improved for her. The morning rounds just finished and she has a full schedule today. Unfortunately for Ash all she would like to do is sleep, but I don't think she will be given the chance for a while. As I type she is now receiving a new set of sutchers in her central line. Ash has become very good at pulling the stiches that hold it in place through her skin. They asked me to leave the room so I know that it will not be a comfortable procedure for her. My heart breaks daily as she endures more and more and more. She has already been seen by flouroscopy this morning. They have injected a dye into the J portion of her tube to trace where the end of the tube is lying. We are hopeful that the dye empties into her intestine and not her stomach so that we might avoid another surgery. Ash's liver enzymes have more than doubled over night with no obvious explanation, so the round of tests will begin. It feels like we are constantly chasing answers and very rarely finding any. They will start with ultrasounds of her chest, then her abdomen area and based on what is seen they will go from there. I told you this little one was tough. She continues to show them all that she does not appreciate all that they do to her. This morning she not so politely waved the whole group out of her room. They understood and took the hint. I love this little girl who continues to amaze me every day with all that she is.

I am praying for good things to happen to my Ashley today. Her friends are doing so well and looks like they will be moving upstairs as soon as some rooms open up. I know there is a plan and a purpose for our lingering around the PICU. This morning I was allowed to share some of mine and David's testimony with someone new. Perhaps this is why Ash and I are still here? Oh' well, I am not going to get discouraged today. I am going to take things one test at a time and see where He leads. I am hopeing that He will lead us up and out someday soon.

By the way I received a wonderful phone call from someone here in Omaha who has been following along Ashley's story with us. What a blessing it was to visit with a new friend who has been praying for my Ashley. Thanks Joy for stepping out and calling me. I so appreciated the friendly voice on the other end of the line. Looking forward to meeting you in person. May He bless you for reaching out.


Thanks guys for checking in on Ash this morning. We look forward to hearing from you daily. You all have blessed our hearts so very much. Have a wonderful day and soak it all in.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Morgan was in the NICU ,and later the PICU, she had a period of several months that fluid was accumulating in her lung and chest for seemingly no reason. We later found and were able to remedy the problem, but for literaly months I watch them place chest tubes into her little body time and time again. They would put one in, have the placement wrong and start over, or drain only a small pocket and start over. The procedures were incredibly uncomfortable for Morgan... and for those of us watching and praying.

Lately Morgan has begun noticing her scars... they seem to be everywhere and yet, I find beauty in them. I love when she points one out and I get to tell her about God's hand in her life... even though she doesn't understand my words yet, one day she will.

I am praying believing that one day you and Ashley may sit down together and share the beauty of her "boo boo's".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home