Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/20/2006

Dreams

Last night I had one of those dreams that was just so real. I thought Trish was laying next to me, but when I opened my eyes and looked all I saw the the empty side of the bed. It has been 2 months now that she has not been there and just beyond the empty side of the bed is an empty baby bed. In my dream is just seemed so real.

I used to dream of walks down the sandy shores of a beautiful Caribbean beach watching the Sun slowly dip into the ocean. I still want to go there, but now my dreams are different. I dream of a time when the beds are not empty. I dream of seeing my Gherkin take her first steps. I dream of all the trouble she will cause. I dream of watching Blake and Allie play with her and chase her around the house. I dream of hearing doors slam and kids yelling "Ash won't leave my things alone!" And who knows perhaps one day down the road my dreams will mesh and Ashley, Blake, Allie, Trish and I will be watching the sun dip into the ocean on some Caribbean island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home