Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/21/2006

Beautiful Pictures...

It is so funny how my perspective has changed over the last few months. I have been an avid scrapbooker for over 8 years now, and photos of my children are my passion in life. There is nothing I love more than to look at pictures of Blake, Allison, and Ashley. My favorite photos of the children are those that show the changing of their ages. Pictures of their hands and feet are on the absolute top of my list. Today I became so excited as the doctor presented me with one of the most beautiful photographs I had ever seen. It was "text book" perfect according to Ashley's doctor. As I looked upon this beautiful photo something struck me as funny. To anyone else it would probably be grotesque and confusing, but to Ashley's mom this was ranking up there with one of the best pictures in my photo collection. I no longer look for the perfect shot of Ashley's face or her eyes. It's not pictures of her fingers or toes that put the biggest smile on my heart. These days my favorite pictures are of her "guts". Thats right. Her intestine. To be specific, her small intestine. There is just something about a nice pink photo of this long, circular tube that warms my heart. Not only do I find beauty in the fact that it looks healthy, but I find beauty in it because it too, just like my Ashley was a gift. A priceless gift. Something that measures far beyond riches or treasures.

I am so happy to announce that Ashley's scope was perfect. Things look so good and there are no signs of rejection. I am more than thankful for my "beautiful pictures".

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling picture of Ash. I love the first Christmas picture. So....cute!! Hope you have a GREAT night. I am so thankful for the team there...for the accomplishments & progress that has been made....Oh....I hope that this is the beginning of gains to lead to you coming home....THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I can't thank you enough for your diligence in posting so that those of us who are on this end of Ashley's story can keep up. It means so much to be able to get on her website several times a day and count on having updates so that we not only know what's going on but also so that we can know how to pray at any given time. What a blessing. I'm praying for you and Dave to have a wonderful time when you reunite tonight and throughout his stay there in Omaha with you. I hope it doesn't get really cold as he left his coat at the office, so if it does cool down you're just going to have to hold him extra close. smirk, grin :) Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

I am so happy for you. You have needed some great news.
Happy Thanksgiving.
With Blessings Always,
Gwen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home