Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/27/2006

Until we meet again...

"Until we meet again," is what he said as left this morning and quietly snuck out the door. I was laying in the bed refusing to acknowledge that it was morning and Dave was actually leaving. He had hugged me tight and given me that little kiss on my forehead that is so famous in our house. I laid there and actually began to feel knots in my stomach. After the door closed and I knew that he was on his way my stomach continued to feel sick at the thought of being here alone for so long. Dave and the kids will not be back until December 22. That is so far away! 25 longs days until we will all be together for the first time since September. As I walked into our tiny Ashley's room this morning she was all smiles and waves not even realizing that her Daddy had gone back home. It took a little while for her to stop watching the door, but I think she has figured out that its just the two of us girls again.

It was so wonderful to listen to Blake and Allie talk on the phone last night. The excitement in their voices as they rambled on and on about all that took place on their trip last week was so precious. I could listen to them talk forever! Allie was so grown up as she told me all about her wardrobe plans for this week at school. One of her friends had called just as she walked in the door and they figured everything out. They even had a back up plan just in case it was cold. I giigled to myself as I listened to her talk about what color of this and that they had matched up so they could look alike in class this week. Blake is just overjoyed at the thought of hanging out with his best friend Andrew. A week away from class means a week away from his baseball buddy and all of their "baseball" talk. I am sure the house was a buzz with activity this morning. I am so thankful for CHS. It has filled a very important part of their lives this year while Ash and I have been away. God has blessed us with this amazing group of students and teachers who have come to know and love my children.

Ashley looks fabulous this morning and I am thrilled to see her smile and listen to her babble "mama" all day long. We have continued advancing her feeds even though she is struggling with her little vomitting episodes. She only had two of them yesterday. That is progress. Sometimes God has bigger things in store for us than we can actually see. If only it works out for Ash and I to move over to cooperative care. What a tremendous blessing that will be. He is always working behind the scenes taking care of us. I am trying not to get to excited about it because I know how things can change literally from hour to hour around here. Ash had a spike in her white count yesterday and we are praying that it will be nothing. If it is God's will and if she is ready to leave this floor then I pray that this will happen for us, but only if He thinks she is ready. As quickly as we have seen Ash go downhill she could just as quickly turn around and be TPN free. I know that He has a plan. The hard part is just waiting to find out what it is.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for continuing to check on us. Ashley is sustained daily because of your prayers. My heart is so blessed by the kindness you show towards our family. I wish there was some way we could return to each of you ten fold what you have given to us. Just know that I am thanking the Father for you and your support. Take care today.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. Your little Ashley is such a wonderful gift. We love her and want to thank her for helping to teach our Mission Friends what missions is all about. The Mission Friends had so much fun learning about how a simple act of kindness can be a mission for God. Trish and Dave, you are wonderful parents, God bless you and your family.

 
At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last picture...what a precious gift from God Ashley is! What a blessing that you and Dave spent some precious time together over these last few days. May God continue to be with each one of you as you deal with being apart. I am praying believing that you and Ashley will get to move soon. What a comfort to know that He not only hears our prayers...but He answers them. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

 
At 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE returning to us ten fold by taking the time to post regularly so that we can follow Ashley's story so closely. I don't know how we could ever get along without the updates that keeps us informed as to how to pray and just to know what's happening in your lives while you're so far away. Thank you, thank you! Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

I wish I could sit with you while the weeks pass. Those days and nights tend to become very long and isolating. Just know that you have support here.
Prayers from Georgia!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home