Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/27/2006

Answered Prayers

Goodnight from Ashley's Room. Today has been a wonderful day. Ashley was awake most of the day (probably too much) and played and entertained us all. She felt good enough today to sit up and open her Christmas presents. I just thanked God and praised Him as I watched her tiny hands reach up and tear the paper. I was just in awe of His power when I saw her so close to death and struggle so hard just yesterday. It was truly incredible to see how quickly she has come back from yesterday's struggles. Ashley's struggles and triumphs have taught me so much about God and I have grown so much in my own personal walk with Him. Today was just another example to me of God's grace and His power. I know so many have you have been praying for our Gherkin and it has been amazing to watch as God answered those prayers today. I know I have said this many times before but again I would like to thank you for your prayers for Ashley and for my family. Thank you for your comments and guestbook entries as we draw so much strength from them. Thank you for continuing to come back and be a part of Ashley's Story.
Goodnight,
DAVE

5 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

I think Ashley, and your entire family for that matter, have forever touched so many lives. We will be praying for your family long after you and your tiny gherkin come back home to Longview. We will be praying for your updated prayer requests. We remember the early beginnings of your story, before Ashley was even born. Our prayers for your family started long before you even knew of this little gherkin, and we are thankful to have been able to watch your journey from the beginning. We would have missed out on so many lessons and blessings had we not started using David as our Chiropractor. God definately wanted to use your family to teach us a thing or two (okay, okay countless teachings). God has taught us so many things through your roller coaster of a journey. Just remember He is with us always and watches over us every moment of every day. We pray that He continues to bless the time you have in Omaha together. Much love and prayers!!

 
At 2:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to answered prayer!!
Today here in Longview the sun was shining so brightly. It appears that the SON was shining brightly in Ashley's room today. This evening, the Lord painted one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. It spread across the sky as far as I could see. This evening, I'm sure the Lord painted you a beautiful picture as you watched precious little Ashley. Two different views in two different places but both by the Hand of God. He is so Awesome!!

When you wrote that Ashley entertained you today, I just smiled to myself and thought, now Ashley is "The Entertaining Houdini Gerkin".

"Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
Psalm 106:1, NKJV

Thank You dear Jesus for showing Yourself in such special ways today. Thank You for being so faithful to us. Thank You for answered prayer. We give You all the praise, honor and glory in Jesus most Precious Name...Amen

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN....praise praise!!!! That was wonderful to hear....that makes my day brighter to hear that she is doing some better. Hope you have a great day with her.

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! We are so glad to hear that Sweet Baby Ash is doing better. We will add the "new" prayer list to our own. Jesus Loves you and so do we...

 
At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear the antibiotics are getting rid of the "bug". still praying....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home