Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/28/2006

"I Love You"

I just walked into Ashley's room and saw her Daddy rocking the most beautiful baby girl in the world. He whispered to me above her large white hair bow, "I love you." He then pointed to the baby in his arms and whispered, "I love this." Next he pointed across the room and said, " I love those, too." (referring to our Blake and Allison). My heart smiled at the words he spoke, and I replied, "Its a good life we are living."

How sweet it was to watch Dave rock Ashley to sleep. She has got to be the only person I know who enjoys listening to him sing. She never complains. She just looks up at him and acts as if she likes what she hears. Eventually she drifts off to sleep. How blessed we are to be able to hold this little one in our arms. It has got to be the best feeling in the world.

After Ashley's bath she sat up in her bumbo chair and spent some time opening Christmas gifts with Blake and Allison. She played with each gift for just a brief moment, before beginning to yawn and rub her little eyes. She was tired and this was the opportunity Dave has been waiting for since he arrived last week. Before I could even think about picking her up he had scooped her into his arms and laid claim to our "favorite" blue chair. Honestly I didn't mind. I just sat back and thanked the Father that He gave Blake and Allison and Ashley this amazing guy to be their dad. They are truly blessed.

Tonight we are taking Blake and Allie out to eat at Blake's favorite restaraunt the Red Robin. He is so excited about the never ending baskets of fries. It doesn't take much to put a smile on this boy's face. My mom will be sitting with Ash while we go out with the older kids. I am looking forward to spending time having dinner out together. Tomorrow Allie has announced that she will be choosing where we go to dinner. I am not sure what she will come up with because I haven't seen a Pappacitas here in Omaha. Last night as we drove home (how odd it seems to be calling our apartment in Omaha, NE home!) David had asked Allison a question and she replied, "yes, sir." He quickly thanked her for being so polite and said to her, "You sure have come a long way." She then replied, "Yes, I have and I am so glad we flew this time. I don't like being in the car for 14 hours!" We all began to laugh at her and she couldn't figure out what we thought was so funny. She then said, "I mean it. I don't ever want to drive all the way to Omaha again!" Oh, how I love this little girl.

It really is a good life that David and I are living. We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams. We have a beautiful family, with 3 amazing children. We have friends from all over who love us enough to check in our little one daily. We have a church family full of the most amazing people who love the Lord and who have been there taking care of us throughout Ashley's story. We have a support system larger than I could ever count, and we have a Father in heaven who loves us so much that He gave His only Son so that we could know Him for all eternity. Life doesn't get any better than what we are living. Thanks for making our life so great. I hope and pray that someday we will be able to bless you all as much as you are blessing us. Trish

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for answered prayers. I am thankful for your time together....for Ashley being off the vent & able to be held by her daddy. How precious that memory will be for you Trish. I am grateful that God can do all things....& change a condition that seemed so close to death....to one so full of LOVE & LIFE. I know the road to home still is a bit away......but I am very thankful for how things have changed & prayers that have been answered to date. Praying for many more to be answered & soon "the entire Adam's gang" to return to "their" home in Longview. Maybe we can get the kids together to play. Or we could scrapbook...( I am very far behind..) Praying.... (=

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Thank You, Father for allowing David to be able to hold his little Gherkin before he heads back to Texas. We have so many things to thank You for in these last few days, You are an awesome God. I hope that Blake and Allison also get a chance to hold their baby sister. Please continue to bless each moment they have in Omaha together, and help Ashley to continue her road to recovery.

Know our prayers are constantly being sent to the Father on your behalves....much love and prayers.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Your sweet musings ARE a blessing! What you write, the love you pour out on your family, and the glory you give to God blesses everybody who reads here:)

I'm so glad she's doing well today. I passed a display of sweet gherkins today at the grocery store and smiled, thinking of Ashley. The phrase will never be the same!

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an idea, we should have an Ashley Scrapbook day when she comes home and all work on her pictures. Thanks to your website we all have a little love to add in her book. We are waiting and praying for the next good news on Ashley... Oh and praying for Snow for you Dave and Blake. I was thinking, God knows you are from Texas and Texas people cant drive in Snow--so maybe he is sparing you the trouble.
KRista Ratley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home