Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/10/2006

Making the Grade!!!

Ashley passed her tests today and she was able to be taken off of the ventilator at 4:40p.m. She has been resting ever since. I think she was worn out after proving herself to everyone throughout the day. I am thanking God for allowing her to breathe on her own once again! She is on 2 liters of oxygen just to help her coast a little tonight, but she looks wonderful. She is still receiving her blood transfusion. I haven't held her yet because I wanted to make sure she would stay calm enough to show everyone how strong she is. It has been 10 days since I have held her, and I am anxiously waiting for her to wake up so I can. She will actually get a good bath tonight and a pair of her pink jammies to wear. I am so excited!

I am so very thankful that she is with us and that she is making progress. I am so blessed to be in this place with her. I love Ash with all my heart and I am looking forward to the day when she will be stable enough to move back home. We are blessed by this little girl every single day. I am growing and changing and learning what He wants to teach me though my youngest child. There have been days when I have felt absolute fear and desperation, and then there are days when I felt hopeful and full of joy. Through each of these days one thing that has been a constant is the love and the strength that I feel from the Father. He has not left us alone as we travel through her story. He loves us and I am sure of that. I don't deserve it, but I am grateful for it!

Tonight there are stories I would love to share with you of several precious children who share this floor with my Ashley. I will not go into their private details, but I will ask you to add their names to your prayer lists. They are hurting and struggling and I have grown to love them from across the hall as I watch and listen to their daily battles. Please pray for Kiley, Chloe, Skyler, and Jenny. They are each in their own fight to live this life and their parents love them as deeply as I love my children and you love yours. I will never understand the purpose in the struggles they must endure, but I know how much He loves them all. Thank you for caring enough to pray for Ashley and her friends.

6 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!! Oh...Praise You Jesus!!! I am thrilled to hear she is off the vent. That is fabulous! I know what you mean..when you say some moments ;you feel strong & want to scream it from the mountain tops what God is doing for you & your child....then other challenges present themselves & you feel desperate. I know our roads are different but the lessons seem so similar. God is good. It doesn't mean we are always able to maintain HIS strength....there are times that you feel weak & other times you feel so strong in HIM. Anyway...thanks for sharing the good news. Thank you Jesus.

 
At 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitly be praying for Ashley's little neighbors. What wonderful news for Ash to be off the vent! God is so good... all the time!

 
At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just feel like shouting from the rooftop ASHLEY IS OFF THE VENT. THANK YOU JESUS, ALL PRAISE AND HONOR ARE HIS. THANK YOU JESUS. IS EVERYONE LISTENING TO THIS WONDERFUL NEWS?? WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THE TIME THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND NOW SHE IS OFF THE VENT!! There, I did it for you...lol. I know you are still just counting down until you are able to pick her up. She's probably still tired from showing out today. I just pray that she will continue to improve every day and that all of you will feel the love we have for your family. Thank You, Jesus.

 
At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!!!!! I know you are anxious to get her in your arms, and put those pink jammies on her. :) So sweet.
And still praying for you. All of you.

Terri

 
At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! He is faithful!

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray! What a great end to the weekend. I'm praying that this new week will bring only steps forward:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home