Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/09/2006

Goodnight from Longview

I spoke with Trish on the phone a few times today and it was great to hear her voice having a little extra in it today. I can only imagine how difficult is it for her to be there alone. I know how hard it is for Blake, Allie and I to be here alone without Trish and Ash. Yet, here I have Blake and Allie, I have our home, our car, our bed, our friends, our church and each day I get up and go to work where I have my practice family and all of my daily surroundings. Blake and Allie have their beds to sleep in each night and they have the stability of a wonderful school that is full of friends and teachers that remain unchanged. When I think of Trish there I know that she does not have all of those comforts of familiar things, people and activities. But Trish does have three things there, she has a little pickle to fight for, she has a guestbook and comments to read and she has a God who takes care of her each and every day. I am so grateful for Him and the promises He has made to us. I am so grateful for our faith that gives us hope. I am grateful for the grace He has given us and continues to give us. There are ups and downs, good days and bad ones, hard times and easy times, but what remains constant and unchanging is the grace God has given to us.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you who visits this website. You are so important to us. Reading your encouragement and prayers is the highlight of our day. Thank You.

DAVE

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have so much to be thankful for everyday of the year....This month....I think of JESUS & the babe in a manger ....God sent for each of us....to save us. Isn't God good? To think that the KING of KINGS...LORD of LORDS....was born in a dirty ....cold....manger.... all that "HE" endured on this earth for each of us. Even though we each have our own degrees of (suffering.....trials....storms of life...) what we endure on this earth is nothing compared to what JESUS endured for each of us to live eternal life. I have a grateful heart tonight....even for my trials...for they continue to bring lessons & growth. Even though this season is full of fun songs....jingle bells...snowmen...Santa Claus...stories of the north pole ...presents...cookies...candy canes....family... EVEN though it is all LOTS of fun. The true meaning of Christmas....means so much more. In your struggles...know...This too shall pass... & Pray...believe....expect....BIG things to happen when you turn it all over to GOD & pray without ceasing. Miracles do happen...I am believing HIM for healing. Praying...

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are continuing to be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I really had more to offer you, but I'll just have to keep asking God to send it over instead. He get more glory that way, anyway. =P

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Our prayers are continually flowing for your family. I am so thankful that the Father blesses us in so many ways each and every day. The beautiful colors and everything He has created for us to see, the sounds he has allowed us to hear, the ability to smell taste, and touch....the ability to smile and laugh and even to cry. We are all hand crafted by Him. I am so glad that He hand crafted Ashley to be a part of your family....you are all full of love for this precious little girl. WE pray that he continues to lift you up to Him in times of rejoicing and especially ones of despair, the road has been long and hard, but He is teaching us all very valuable, unforgettable lessons through the testimony you share each and every day. Much love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home