Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/13/2006

Teeny, Tiny Baby Steps

Today we are making teeny, tiny baby steps out of the PICU. Ashley has started her feeds once again and she has made it up to 10ccs per hour without showing any signs of vomitting. We are feeling cautiously optimistic tonight that she might be able to tolerate it this time. This morning there was talk of moving us out of the PICU but that did not happen. The surgeon would like to give Ash a couple more days down here so they can keep a good eye on her. I am in full agreement with this decision. I do not want to move too quickly at this point.

Ashley has had a wonderful day and she has been happily playing all day. She had a very good session with her physical therapist this evening. It was her best since we arrived 11 weeks ago. I was very encouraged by her participation and sweet attitude. This is something we have not seen exhibited towards her therapist in some time now. I think Ash is starting to feel like her old self once again and I am so very thankful to see it.

I will have to go because Santa has just entered Ashley's room and he is ringing his jingle bells. She was sleeping, but I am afraid that her nap has just ended. I will come back once I have successfully chased the scary man in the red suit out of her room. Take care, Trish

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for baby steps!

And your comment about Santa made me laugh out loud--

Still praying for your sweet one:)

 
At 12:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise for all the progress!! That is GREAT!! Much love in Christ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home