Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/18/2006

Trish left for 15 minutes to take a shower and change clothes. As she was heading back to the room she noticed a crowd of people outside of Ashley's room. This is not what you want to see when heading back to the room. Ashley is heading in the wrong direction and nobody seems to know why. She has had a very hard morning and things seems to be going downhill. She has thrown up while on the vent this morning. Her oxygen levels and blood pressure again went way to low and nobody seems to know how to help her. The breathing tube was pulled out and put back in again for the 3rd time in 24 hours. She is bleeding in her throat from the damage of the tube going in and out. Nobody can tell us if she aspirated this time. We are so ready for Ash to catch a break. We thought things were heading in the right direction for Christmas but that does not seem to be the case. Our hearts ache for Blake and Allie. They don't know about the last two setbacks as we have elected to not tell them all the ups and downs. It is to hard on their tender hearts. Both of them told me they just want Ashley to be well for Christmas and they would give everything else up for her. Thank you to each one who continues to lift our Ashley and our family up in prayer.

DAVE

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for each one of you and asking God to hold you so very closely during these uncertain times. May you feel His power and His love.

 
At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...praying so hard for your whole family, and especially for dear Ashley. I cannot imagine how difficult these setbacks must be for all of you, but know that you are indeed held in the everlasting arms.

 
At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the up and down uncertainty with Ashley's health every time it happens, on any day. Christmas approaching or not, I know you just want your daughter to have comfort and to feel good. And to know WHAT to tell Blake and Allie, which is so hard when you don't know God's will. I am amazed at the strength you exhibited when I spoke with you earlier, even though your words said that's not how you feel. You ALL need a break - and rest - and that is my prayer for you all today. And as always, my prayers are for Ashley's comfort, the most heart-breaking of all of this. I wish I had more to say than I love you and I'll pray and I'm so glad God saved us all just because we asked Him to. I glad I know you have Him. Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING. LORD, THANK YOU FOR BEING GOD. FOR POSESSING THE WHOLE WORLD AND CHOOSING TO SHARE IT WITH US. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT HAVE COME OUT OF ASHLEY'S STORY. IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE GRANT THE NEXT ONE TO THIS DEAR BABY WHOSE BEEN CONTINUALLY USED TO BLESS ALL OF THE READERS OF THIS BLOG BY GIVING HER REST AND COMFORT AND PEACE. PLEASE HELP HER TO BREATHE FREELY AND MAKE HER TUMMY SETTLE IF YOU WILL. BLESS DAVID AND TRISH TO KNOW HOW TO ANSWER BLAKE AND ALLIE AND PLEASE RENEW THEIR HOPE. IT'S HARD TO KNOW YOU C-A-N DO ANYTHING BUT NOT KNOW IF YOU W-I-L-L. PLEAE GIVE THEM CLARITY OF THOUGHT IN THEIR FATIGUE AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING TO PRAY FOR THEM WHEN THEY ARE SO TIRED. IN JESUS NAME.

 
At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYING like crazy

 
At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that even though you don't know me we are praying for Ashley and your family! Your mom used to go to our church(EastJena)so that's how I found out about Ashley. I pray ya'll have a Merry Christmas with all three of your babies! Ashley has proven time and time again how strong she is...so I am positive that even though this is a bump in the road...there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Love Antia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home