Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/25/2007

Always Faithful


We have been given another day. It was a tough one for Ash physically and a tough one for me emotionally. At the end as I look back over it I realize that it was a gift. Each moment of today included my Ashley and that made it so special. He was, as He always is, "faithful". He is our Father just as Dave is Ashley's father. Dave never fails to love her, to pray over her, to want the best for her. David is faithful in his love for our daughter and he wants to protect her. God feels that way and so much more for each of us. How comforting it is to me to know that He is standing over me and mine just as Dave stands over our Ashley.

I made a new friend tonight. I know she was sent by the Father at a time when missing my family made this seem like the loneliest place on earth. She too was blessed with a beautiful baby who is 2 years and 9 months post transplant. What great perspective our visit brought to me. Our girl's journeys have been different, but yet they are still the same. She shared with me a phrase that I will carry for my life time. "Transplant is not just the gift of life. For us, it is the gift of TIME." We have been given time with our girls. I have been given time with my Ashley(who now sits snoring in my lap as I type with one hand). Precious time with this baby girl who has taught me how valuable each and every moment is. I would not trade one moment of this time spent loving her for anything this world could offer me. I would do this all again a thousand times over if it meant we could have our Ashley. Knowing what I do now, I would still do it. He has used this little one to reach me, to teach me, to grow me, to show me, to break me so that He could remake me. There is still such a long way to go, but He continues to be faithful. Just as I am the constant in Ashley's life, He is becoming the constant in mine. Just to be with me He has done everything, given everything because He loved me. I think I am beginning to understand that kind of love.

As I lay down my head tonight knowing that Dave would do anything to protect my Blake, my Allison, and my Ashley I take comfort in the knowledge that the Father would do that for me too . He feels my broken heart, He collects my tears, He shares in my joy, and He gave us another day with our baby. Thank you Father for loving me so very much.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM , Blogger Carey said...

I agree with Dawn, That is one of the best pictures I have ever seen of a fathers love for their child. I pray for another day for you and Ashley to have the time to enjoy each other.

 
At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I constantly pray over you and Ash, but once more I am praying Cindy and myself to get the same faith that you have. I will give anything in this world for this... God certainly broke the mold when He made you both. God bless you all, Barron and Cindy

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

That picture is the epitome of tenderness!! How precious!!

 
At 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing to have such a father figure in your family!! So many families do not have that father image to represent ...and demonstrate what our HEAVENLY FATHER'S love is like!! Just to see it in person....feel what that REAL PROTECTIVE love is.....that is an amazing blessing!! It's a gift for your generations to come!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home