Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/17/2007

Ashley has had another lazy day. She just sat in my lap all day long. She would not let anyone else hold her and she would not lay down in her crib. She just wanted to sit on her Daddy's lap. It is probably a good thing that I am not the one here with her full time. If I was I would probably grown barnacles on my backside. The nurses would all be begging Trish to come back because I would be pushing the nurse call button everytime I needed a drink or wanted the lights turned off. It's a good thing Sammy was here to run errands for me. He said he was here to help with anything I needed, so I asked him to rub my feet and he had to draw the line. I really have enjoyed having him here to talk with.

Ash had a few tough episodes since I have been here. They have had to re tape her central line 3 times. She absolutely hates this. Not because it hurts, but because she has to be held down and restrained to get it done. On Monday they plan on putting in a permanent line so my prayer tonight is that the line she has now can just hang on through tonight and tomorrow. I am going to head back to the room to see that little Gherkin now.

Goodnight,

DAVE

9 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

What a blessing Sammy is! (Even if he won't rub your feet :)

I love hearing Ashley stories--that little girl has a whole lot of personality! I love it :)

 
At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angels Watching

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear your getting some quality daddy/daughter time....i'm sure ashley is just eating it up!!! i'm praying for you all....and anxious to hear how the cheer competition goes....with allie being sick and all.....i'm praying God will come through for her in the strength and endurance category...since i am sure God cares about cheerleading and He knows she will surely need it!!
still praying....

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

I continue to pray for you and yours. Take care and best wishes for whatever tomorrow brings.

 
At 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Shari and I received an email from a friend of mine on the internet to pray for Ashley. I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours reading about Ashley's amazing journey and story. Your faith has encouraged my heart! Know that our family will be praying for your sweet girl! If you do not mind, I will be back to check on her so I know how to pray. And, I will be adding her to our church prayer bulletin as well.

Shari F.
Eugene, Oregon

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Hi from Colombia, South America!! I am Connie from Longview, and I am now in Colombia,South America, and still praying for Ashley. Just thought you might want to know, in case Colombia hasn't been covered yet. I am so glad Trish is getting a "break," even though it sounds pretty rough where she is--at least it's different. I hope Allie does well. I'm praying they get well quickly and that Trish can be refreshed.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Hi from Colombia, South America!! I am Connie from Longview, and I am now in Colombia,South America, and still praying for Ashley. Just thought you might want to know, in case Colombia hasn't been covered yet. I am so glad Trish is getting a "break," even though it sounds pretty rough where she is--at least it's different. I hope Allie does well. I'm praying they get well quickly and that Trish can be refreshed.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Just checking on you guys today (Sunday) and hoping your weekend has been uneventful. God bless y'all :)

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Always in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so glad that you are getting some daddy time with that sweet girl.

Love,
Amanda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home