Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/16/2007

A wonderful surprise

Trish and I were sitting in our room this morning and I saw a man walking by Ashley's door. I was just about to say to Trish, hey look at that guy out there, he looks like Sammy. Just before I spoke the man came into our room and looked right at me. I said Sammy?? and he just smiled and said surprise. I asked what he was doing here and he said he came up to spend the weekend with Ashley and I. He knew I would be alone with her all weekend and thought that I might need some help. WOW!! I was blown away. That is one great friend who will leave his family and fly 700 miles to come sit with me and the Gherkin. Thank you Sammy and thank you to his family for the wonderful surprise. He was able to sit with Ash while I took Trish to the airport and he did a fabulous job. I think Ash really likes him.

Our meeting gave us lots of information. Some good, some not so good. The "weenie cancer" is not as bad as it could be, but also not on the completely "weenie" side. I won't share all the details right now, but will tell you that Ashley will begin chemotherapy on Monday or Tuesday. It is an 18 week course so she still has a long way to go.

Thank you for checking up on her, I am sure when Trish gets the chance to post she will say more.

Goodnight,

DAVE

10 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have a close friend beside you in the hospital this weekend.

Ashley remains in our prayers!

 
At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,
Just wanted to tell you and Ashley to enjoy each other this weekend (as if I have to) and give her some great big kisses from me! I'm so glad she is interacting for you. What a sweet sweet blessing!

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

A friend who digs in deep during the toughest times of our lives is a treasure.

Ashley is never far from my mind; I'm praying for your weekend together, and that the chemo will knock out the cancer without being too hard on that sweet girl. Someone I love has cancer, too.

Have a good night, Dave and Ashley!

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Hope you two have a beautiful night together. Trish, I hope you are having fun with the kiddos. Praying for Ashley to fight against those chemo treatments and win the battle against the giant. Good night little pickle.

 
At 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an inspiration you all are. My heart breaks for you and has hope for you all at once. I will pray for you all. Ashley looks so much like my baby granddaughter whom we lost at 21/2 months old. Ashley is a dream. We can't understand God's plans now... But one glorious day... You will look into our Father's eyes and say... That's why! Rest in the knowledge of knowing that many are praying for you and holding you up.
God Bless
Karrie

 
At 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodnight, Sammy, Ashley, Dave. Sleep tight.
Jan

 
At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have such a special friend!

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Carey said...

What a wonderful friend you have to come and stay with you. I hope Trish had a safe flight home, and you are enjoying time with your daughter.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Cancer is tough but I know Ashley is tougher and together with our Father she will put this behind her just like all the other trials she's had in her young life. I've been following her story now for about 6-8 months and she is a miracle that we all pray for every day.

God Bless

 
At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD FOR TRUE FRIENDS! YOU FIND HOW WHO YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE WHEN THERE IS A NEED! THAT WAS REALLY NICE OF SAMMY. I HOPE TRISH AND THE KIDS ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME TOGETHER THIS WEEKEND. STILL PRAYING FOR HEALING IN ASHLEY'S PRECIOUS LITTLE BODY. TAKE CARE. THANKS FOR KEEPING US POSTED. BLESSINGS YOUR WAY, MATT AND CINDY ADAMS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home