Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/13/2007

Dear Ashley

Dear Ashley,

There will never be enough words, enough pages, enough moments, enough time to tell you how very proud I am of you. As I watch you sleep my eyes fill with tears. You are so fragile, but yet you are so strong. Ash, I love you. I love you more than I ever knew I could love another. I love every part of you, and I pray that as you grow you will come to understand how very beautiful you are. Each mark, each scar, each boo-boo you wear comes with a story. A story of survival and a testimony. A story that tells of His mercy. A story that tells of His love. A story that tells of His goodness. Sweet Ashley Kate if you only knew how precious you are. If you could see how wonderful you have made our lives. How do I tell you of all that you have done? How do I put into words the things you have taught this world? He is using you to melt our hearts, to break down our walls, and to teach us how to pray. The job He has given to you is not an easy one, but He knew that He could trust you with it. I know it hurts, and I know there are hard days. I know you get scared and that you just want them all to leave you alone, but mommy promises you that I will be with you on the hard days. I will be there to hold your hand. I will be there to wipe away your tiny tears. I will be there to cuddle you close and rock you to sleep. I will be there to pray for you. You can do this baby girl. I know you can. You are not alone. You have a daddy who longs to hold you. You have a big brother who adores you. You have a big sister who anticipates playing with you. You have a mommy who cheers you on as you fight, fight, fight. You have so much to keep fighting for. He is not done with you just yet. Life is so precious Ash and you have taught me that. Hang on to yours sweet baby. We are all here with you and we are not leaving without you. I love you Ashley Kathrine Adams. You were my hearts desire and you will always be our baby "pickle". Happy Valentines Day Ash. Love, Mommy

4 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, that is such a sweet message to a sweet and precious baby girl. I must admit I sit here with tears streaming down my cheeks as I read it. Bless you heart. I know that had to be one of the toughest letters to write not knowing the outcome of what is to come. But, he holds the key and he knows everything about you and about Ashley. He knows you are broken inside and he knows right now her body needs healing. I pray that God will work his healing power in both of your lives. I pray for Dave and Glenda. I went by there yesterday and gave them both my love and hugs. They are both precious people. I just hurt for all of you. I know his strength is greater than ours and through our weakness he is strong. He is our beacon of light. Just know we are here for you and praying for God's healing powers all around you. Love and May God bless you always, Cindy Adams

 
At 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard "The Valley Song" by Jars of Clay? That is what keeps coming to mind this morning when I think of you guys. You should look up the lyrics to that.

What a lovely note to write to your little one on this Valentine's day. Thank you for sharing that with us. I wanted to tell you that I am glad that you share with us the struggles and hurts that you endure. You worry so much about not being cheerful all of the time. You, my dear, are human. And if you didn't feel hurts and frustrations, then the joy wouldn't be as joyful (did that make sense?). Think of the glory it brings to the Lord to know where someone was, and where they came out to be. I appreciate people who are honest with their feelings. Even Christians can't be happy all of the time. I appreciate you and your sweet baby's story. Happy Valentine's Day Trish and Ashley!

 
At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, the depth of your love for Ash and the rest of your family is inmeasurable. You inspire all of us to get closer to our family members and love one another deeper than ever before. The light of Christ shines through you these past few months more than ever before and I want you to know that I love you and respect you with all my heart. Happy Valentine's Day! Grandma (Glenda)

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

What a precious message, Trish. My prayer is that Ashley will have this tucked away in a special place to read each year when Valentine's Day comes, to remember how very very much her mama, daddy, brother and sister have loved her, from the very beginning...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home