Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/15/2007

Waiting For Her Daddy

Ashley is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her daddy. Her mommy made her take a bath this morning even though she stated through her screaming that she didn't care if she was stinky. She continued to proclaim in protest that he would love her anyway, but unfortunately for Ash her mommy is bigger and she can make her do things even if she doesn't want to. So now we have a sweet smelling baby to cuddle with all day long. I promise to have Dave post a few new pictures tonight.

Our night was pretty much the same as the others have been this week. She cried and whimpered "mama" over and over again. Even as I held her and rocked her I could not convince her that it was going to be ok. As we drifted in and out of sleep I would often wake with an overwhelming feeling that I needed to pray. So I am not even sure what I was praying about, but at some point during my conversations with Him I would fall back to sleep. This morning Ash has been a little more consolable. She is actually sitting calmly on my lap watching me hunt and peck at the keys as I try to type with one hand. She just reached for Blake and Allie's picture and is now rubbing her little hands across their faces. I am so happy to see her do this. Ash has been completely uninterested and unresponsive to anything this week. This is actually the first sign of recognition towards something other than me that I have seen. I have been so frightened by the loss of her personality. I have a really big smile on my face right now watching her push them around the table. Ashley's screaming has seemed to have robbed us of her spirit. She has disappeared into this world of agitation, and I am desperately fighting to pull her back to us. There is so much going on inside of her body, and there are so many medications being used to battle it that we are losing parts of her in the process. I am determined to pull her through this period of her recovery. She will be given every opportunity to have the best life possible. We just have to kill the cancer first, and we will. Last night one of our favorite doctors spoke to me in our room and told me that if this cancer stays out of her brain(and it looks like it has so far) then it is just a "weenie type of cancer"(thats a direct quote!) and she is much, much stronger than it is. I know without a doubt that it is the prayers of thousands across the world that are giving her the strength she needs. I know He hears them all and I have a peace even in the middle of my disappointment that He is working in my Ashley's life.

I am going to let her type a little something to you all because my arms are tired of wrestling her. "refrt rwgnkoic3e9m9m0xm0xxzsxss" I'm not exactly sure of what she was trying to say, but I do see a couple of x and o in there and I guess she just wanted to tell you all how very much she loves you. Thanks for helping us carry this very heavy load. You are all loved not only by our Ashley, but also by her mommy and daddy. May you feel his spirit upon you today. God bless. Trish

22 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Miss Ashley we XoXoXo you too sweetheart! We are praying for you all Trish. I am so glad to hear the confidence come back from your writings. She will beat this thing. We all are gonna pray you through this one too! Keep that faith and attitude. Praying..........now and always!

 
At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!
I haven't met your family, but I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you :) Keep on sharing your story....what an inspiration you are to others!!
I'm a teacher in Southern Illinois that has been touched by your/Ashley's life.

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for answering our specific prayers from last night and this morning and giving Ash and her mommy a better day with renewed spirits! We love you, Lord, and we love these two girls with all our hearts and want the very best for them. Please give Dave safe traveling mercies on from Dallas to Omaha and thank you for getting him safely to OK and then to Dallas this morning. Thank you for being with us here and thank you for Blake being better and able to be in school and thank you for caring for Allie and Nan and healing in their bodies. We pray your continuing blessings on all and thank you for all your goodness and mercy! In Jesus precious name - Amen.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

This is a precious post. I eagerly get here the first chance I get for an update. God is so amazing that he has calmed Ashley down a bit. May he continue to hold you all in his loving capable arms.
I will never stop praying. When I had my daughter Ashley at 26 weeks gestation and she was fighting for her life, someone put this in a card for me. I though I could pass it from one Ashley to another.My daughter lived when we did not ever expect her to , and she is now 21 and an amazing young Godly woman. Never give up.

He placed me in a little cage
Away from gardens fair;
But I must sing the sweetest songs
Becasue he placed me there
Not beat my wings against the cage
If it's my makers will,
But raise my voice to heavens gate
And sing the louder still.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Lou Ann said...

I can sense a smile, calmness and excitement in you, Trish, as you await Dave's arrival. I pray you will have a special time together with Ashley and each other. I am lifting you to the Father.

 
At 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love you too ash!! praying for you to kick the "weanie cancer" in the teeth!!....and knowing you are fully capable!! you can do it...you can do it...put a little power to it....goooooo ASHLEY!!!

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Krista said...

XOXO to you prissy girl. Praying for a safe trip for daddy and for you to rest some this weekend and enjoy your time with Allie and Blake. Praying for that personality to come back and the cancer to be defeated. WE love you.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Oh, Trish, I'm so glad you are seeing your Ashley again this morning. I can only imagine how hard it has been to not see even a glimpse of her usual sweet personality. I'm continuing to pray for God's miracles to be very real to you all. Love and Blessings, Karen

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

I hope you have a wonderful reunion with Dave, so glad to hear taht Ashley is doing better this morning :)

 
At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

xxooxxoo right back at ya. I am so encouraged by your posting. It is a breath of fresh air to know that the cancer is "weenie" and Ashley is stronger. God Bless all of you. Still praying and will continue to pray. Remonica

 
At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing you feeling encouraged this morning. I loved you letting Ash "talk" to us. I'm glad for her calmness and I hope it remains and soon turns back to awnriness once again. Sounds like a busy weekend ahead. I pray for your endorphines to kick in and wake ya'll up so you can really enjoy every second together - David with Ash and you with Blake and Al. Glad to hear you have such a determined cheerleader in that doctor.

 
At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to hear her acting more like herself. I know that is such a relief for you. Please know we're praying hard........and believing He will answer our prayers. Love from Longview!

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello~
This is the first time I have ever posted but have been reading about little Ashley for a while now. I just wanted to say that I am praying everyday for each of you!!! God is good and will never let us down!!! He is much bigger than this cancer and he will take care of it.

 
At 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too Ashley! What an encouraging update! I am so happy to hear the the cancer looks like a weenie! We all know how strong Ash is and I 100% believe that she can kick it's bootie! Praying for you all! ~Chandria~

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

Pray God continues to lead and guide your every step...especially with the decisions that you will be making this weekend. So thankful for the peace that you are resting in. God bless!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

Just wanted to let you know that the deleted post was because somehow I accidently published my original post twice!

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

You are such a blessing to me, Trish, as I read every post and hear the sweetness coming through. I hope you and Allie and Blake have a wonderful weekend together, and that all goes well with Ashley and Dave.

xoxoxo back at you, precious Ashley!

 
At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, praying for you today. Thank you so very much for that update, and thank you Ashley for that darling message. Love to you both!

 
At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you too, sweet Ashley. We are praying fervently for you! (Ask mommy what fervently means- I'm sure she can explain it to you!)

--Kasey Reedy

 
At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying and I will pray for the unspoken request. God knows and hears. I am thankful Dave is getting to come tomorrow.
I am glad you will get to see the other children in Dallas. You do need a break. May God give you peace and much needed rest.

 
At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have again fallen on my face before God on your behalf. I really just felt lead to pray for peace tonight for all of you. Thank you God for Daddy & for baby's smiles. I pray for peace for he and Ashley & for you as you travel to get some much needed sleep, for the Dr.'s for wisdom & compassion. I will pray on every remembrance of you Ashley. Have a peaceful night in Jesus...Colleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home