Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/19/2007

On our Way

We are on our way to have the PET/CT scan done and from there she will go over to the OR to have her permanent line placed and then have her bowel biopsy done. I am expecting be down for at least 2-3 hours before making it back to our room. Once of the procedures have been done I think we will begin to feed her again and then tomorrow morning we should begin the first round of chemotherapy. I have not seen the oncologist today so I am not entirely sure of what his plan is.

As long as I am holding Ash then she is perfectly content. If I lay her down to type, go to the restroom, get a drink, or anything else then she begins to cry and she sounds so sad. She got so used to having her daddy around and he didn't take bath room breaks or type very often. Today she is letting me have it and I think she is hollering for him to return so that the two of them can continue becoming permanent parts of the recliner. Unfortunately for her and I the week days are full of hustle and bustle, procedures, doctors, nurses, therapists, and the like. I hope to get a little nap in this afternoon while she is waking up and recovering. I guess we will find out if she is going to allow me too after while.

Oh well, I am going to go load her up and then we are off to the other side of the hospital. Thanks for checking on us. God Bless.

12 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for your precious Ashley today!

Shari

Eugene, Oregon

 
At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for wisdom, strength, encouragement, grace and mercy for you today with all that is going on and also praying for some moments of rest, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Stay strong, stay focused and know that many, many prayers continue for Ashley's Story.
Much love to you and all the family~~~

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I pray that the results of the PET/CT scan are more positive than you expect.

Hang in there and give that precious little angel, Ashley, a hug for me.

You all remain in my prayers!

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Praying for Ashley today as she goes through these procedures. Keep us posted.

 
At 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, praying for you two today. I know you're busy, but don't forget to take care of yourself. I do hope you get some rest. Love you both, Grandma

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Ashley and you today, Trish, as ya'll head off for tests and the surgery. Pray everything goes smoothly and the hardest decision for you tonight will be whether to sleep while Ashley does or to stay up and kiss the toes. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but you mentioned the central line replacement as just one mere part of today's routine. I think God has grown your confidence in this area so much, whether you always feel it or not. Blessings on your busy afternoon. Kiss Ashley for me.

 
At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying.

 
At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish:
Praying that the PET scan does not reveal anything new or surprising and that the course of treatment started today is the beginning of the end for this cancer.
If she goes on Zofran for the upset tummy from Chemo tell her it will really help. I was on it for 26 weeks with Annette's pregnancy and its the only thing that allowed me to stay hydrated and out of the hospital. It's well worth its very high price.
I'll check in with you later this week to see if I can bring you down some dinner and supplies.
Jill from Omaha

 
At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish and Dave I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for Ashley.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Good luck and I will be praying for you!
Amanda

 
At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ash today during all of her tests'. ~Chandria~

 
At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting on the results. hoping it is no more than you already expect

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home