Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/05/2007

Predictable?

I guess my Ashley's course with chemotherapy is going to make her weeks somewhat "predictable". Yesterday was one of those days that she slept the entire day and then all through the night. She woke at 6:30 this morning grinning, giggling, playing, and Vomiting! Her days of feeling yucky, feeling weak and sleepy, and feeling good and throwing up were exactly the same as the first round of days proceeding her chemotherapy. I guess its good to at least be able to predict what our week will look like. 3 days of fussy baby, 3 days of sleepy baby, 1 day of playful, nauseated baby. I am just praying that the vomiting won't keep us in here today. I am almost positive that it is related to her chemo because it has happened the exact same way the last 2 weeks.

I have not officially heard if we get to leave or not, but I am trying to wait patiently. The trying of my patience has been one of the most difficult lessons He has been trying to teach me through my Ashley's life. If I had been in charge of writing the list of the fruits of the spirit you can be sure that PATIENCE is the one I would have chosen to omit. As you can tell He knew better than to consult me on this. I truly am learning to wait on Him and learning to be content in whatever situation I find myself in. It has been a long time coming, but I can see the progress inside of my heart.

If we do leave to our apartment I will not have Internet access for a few days and so our journal will be written by Dave. I am really appreciative of the words he shares. I look forward to the day that our Ashley is able to flip through the pages of her story and read the words of her daddy's heart. She is a lucky little pickle to have that man for her dad.

I will post more after rounds and share with you any news good or bad that we are given. Thank you again for your presence here and for your presence before the Father on our Ashley's behalf.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that patience is easy for any of us - the waiting in your case is especially hard, I'm sure. I know you're anxious. Hang in there; won't be long. So happy to hear that Ash woke up in a good mood - sorry about the vomiting but glad it's not keeping her down. I pray it will stop for your trip "home". Love you, Grandma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home