Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/03/2007

Precious Sleep

Answered prayers really excite me. Especially when He sees exactly what you need and gives it at exactly the right times. Today my answered prayer came in the form of REST. SLEEP. A Ciesta. Yeah, us! We have been so tired and so exhausted but today Ash fell asleep around 2:00 and so did I. I just woke up and she is still snoring. I am so happy and so thankful! I really don't know if I could have made it through another night without any. Thank you for praying for us to get some rest. I feel so renewed.

Dave, Blake and Allison are in Dallas this weekend for a tournament. The Tarheels had a good first day of play. Not great, but good. They won both of their games today and Blake pitched a little. I think he did a fabulous job. I got the details of every pitch by phone and at one point Dave said to me, "I love to watch this kid play ball!" I giggled to myself and replied,"If you multiplied that by a thousand then you would know how much I love to watch that kid play ball!" Its true. This is a great kid. If you only knew what God put into the design of this one. He is wonderful, and I am so proud of who he is. I thank God everyday for the talents that He gave to Blake. He gave him a natural athletic ability which is wonderful to watch. Dave and I have always known that Blake may not be the best player out there, but we also know that you will never find a kid who plays harder out there than he does and this makes him one of the best. There is no stopping him. His drive, his desire, his passion, his competitiveness, his dream, his dedication, and his determination make a little bit of natural talent go a long way. This kid loves the game and he loves everything that comes with it. You can never practice long enough or hard enough for Blake. I don't know how he does all that he does out there. I asked him one day as they were running laps at the end of a long, hot practice how he keeps going. I was watching and listening to several of the guys whine as they walked their laps and then I watched my Blake run past them. He never said a word he just kept running. His answer to me was this,"Mom, I just tell myself over and over again while I'm running out there that this is why I'm going to be the one to make it. This will make me a better player." I was so proud of his answer. He is just determined to give it a 110% all the time. He has big dreams and I believe he will get there. I love this kid, and I am so thankful that I get to be his mom.

Allie and her best friend Chelsea have had a wonderful day playing. I am so grateful that God put another Tarheel little sister on our team just the right age to become good friends with our Allison. It sure makes the weekends a lot nicer knowing she is having fun while we are there. Ash has a Tarheel sister buddy also. Her name is Lexie. She is our little friend we asked you all to pray for with us. She is doing well. I won't go into a lot of detail out of respect for her family but they did find cancer last month and were able to have it removed. She has been at the games the last 2 weekends cheering her brother and the other guys on. It makes my heart SO happy knowing that she is going to be O.k. They were able to avoid having chemotherapy and I am so glad. My heart would be broken to know that Lexie was having to go through the same thing as my Ashley. I just can't wait to get my Ashley back out to the field to hang out with her friend too.

To sum up our Saturday I would have to say that God has been good to us yet again. We have been given so much more than we deserve and I will forever be grateful for the things He has given to us. Ash looks good today. Blake and Allie are having a great time with our friends. Dave and I are enjoying the games together over the phone and all is well. Someday our Ashley will get better, and we will join our family back home in Texas. Until then my prayer is that we are each serving the purpose that He has laid out for us at this time in our lives whether it be together or apart. I am blessed. I am rested, and I am ready to go again. Thanks for loving my baby. Thanks for praying for my family. I trust your day was filled with amazing blessings too.

5 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessed answer to prayer your praise report was.

"Thank you Lord for giving Trish and Ash some much needed rest. Please help them continue resting in You!"

 
At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God cares about all the details!
Rachel (my 3 yo) and I continue to pray for you each night around 6:30 pm here. I also pray for you as you come to mind. I'm delighted to read that the Lord ansewered your prayer for rest. :)

 
At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO THANKFUL that God heard and answered our prayers and you got some rest - Ash, too. Makes such a difference, doesn't it? Thankful to hear that the Tarheels won their games today, also. Go Blake, Go! Praying that you get even more good rest tonight and that tomorrow is filled with blessings. Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

So glad you got the needed sleep, God's timing is always perfect. I was in Dallas today as well. I am a fellow Texan and live in Arlington.
We can't wait for you both to able to be back in Texas as well!
Blessings

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

So glad you got the needed sleep, God's timing is always perfect. I was in Dallas today as well. I am a fellow Texan and live in Arlington.
We can't wait for you both to able to be back in Texas as well!
Blessings

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home