Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/01/2007

Precious Prayers

Each night while tucking Blake and Allison into bed Dave spends time in prayer with them. Tonight he shared with me a little of Allie's. It went something like this.

Dear God,

Thank you for letting Ashley grow too big. Thank you that she can't fit into her car seat anymore, and that Mommy has to go and buy her a new one. Please let Ash grow and grow and grow. Grow so big that she can't even fit into our car anymore. In Jesus name, Amen.


Dave said, "Allie, I don't think we want her to grow that big.

Allie rolled her eyes at him and said, "Daddy, haven't you ever heard of using a figure of speech?"

I love that girl! While I was talking to her on the phone tonight Dave went and climbed into our bed. When we were finished talking I asked her to have daddy call me back. When Dave called he said he didn't know what he was going to go with that kid. After hanging up with me she CALLED him on the phone to tell him to come and get the phone from her so he could call me because I was waiting. He told her she was crazy and that she could bring the phone to him. "No, way. You already tucked me into bed. You need to come get the cell phone so you can call her." Dave refused to climb out of his bed to come and get the phone so she replied,"Mommy is not going to stand for this one!" He laughed and laughed at that girl and decided to call me on the other phone. She is just so funny.

While talking to Blake he informed me that dad refused to rub his feet after the tournament this weekend. I have been asking Dave to do that for me because its just tradition between Blake and I. Dave thinks were crazy and says there is no way he is going to rub that kids stinky feet. I tried to tell him that this is why Blake can run so fast. Its a secret between the two of us. The kid wears those cleats for hours and his feet get sore after playing ball all weekend. He deserves to have his feet rubbed at the end of a long tournament. Dave just isn't cooperating. He thinks I've spoiled my son. I haven't. I just really like the conversations that we have while I tuck him into bed and rub his feet at the end of those tournaments. Its time that I get to spend looking into the "windows" of Blake's heart. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything. Needless to say the kids can't wait for me to get back home to straighten dad out and to get things back to normal in our house. They also know there is no way I would allow him to feed them liver if I was living there.

Ash has had a pretty good day. She has been really weak from the chemo treatment, but after having an IVIG infusion(immuno globulins) she perked up a little bit. She got a little color in her cheeks and she actually grinned at me twice while I was rocking her tonight. I have enjoyed sitting and staring at her face. I keep trying to make a permanent memory of every detail of her in my mind. I love everything about her beautiful little self. She hung on to my finger so tight tonight that I could hear her saying, "I love you" a thousand times in that one squeeze. As I rocked her to sleep tonight I couldn't help but thinking how I wished my sweet friend Rosio had her Davian to hold and rock tonight. I will probably never see her again, but I am praying for her. They have a long trip back to Texas ahead of them, and I am praying that He would comfort her hurting heart.

Well I guess I am going to climb into my chair and start my Anne of Green Gables marathon. I just love those movies! I hope to get some rest tonight and to wake up to good news in the morning. God has once again blessed me with another day with our baby and I am so thankful to have had it. Thanks so much for checking in our little girl tonight. Good night and God Bless. Trish

5 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its me Cindy just before i was going to get off here i decided to check and see if you had wrote in the journal first glad i did.I am so happy Ash had a pretty good day,love your storys of DAVE, BLAKE , and ALLIE , THEY ARE SO CUTE.Hope yall have a good night. Glad that the GHERKIN is getting big. GOD bless

 
At 11:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank the Lord for TOO BIG! :)

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Thank you, God, that Ashley is growing! She is ever so beautiful! And I am so thankful that you brought me here to meet her and to pray for her so many months ago. I have cried and cheered for her each day. She is your precious handiwork. Created in Your image. Praise You! God, I am believing that you will bring this child through the fire. And that she will grow up to sing your praise. What a mighty God we serve!

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, just wanted to say hi, and to let you know that we love you and are praying for that little sweetheart, grew out of her car seat...how wonderful! God bless you,each and every one. Barron&Cindy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home