Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/27/2007

Learning to do it all....

Since last week I have been on my own and doing it all. We had some changes around our house and I no longer have help here. So now I am wearing all the hats. I am getting a taste of what it must be like to be a single parent. I am learning to do all the household chores while still trying to keep things as normal as possible at work. I am learning to throw in a load of laundry in the morning and coming home during my lunch break to change the laundry and fold what dried while I was at work. I am trying to cook and make good choices while feeding my older kids. I bought some liver, but have not been brave enough to cook it yet. I do need a good recipe for liver. Tonight I made fajitas and they were actually pretty good. I even managed to get my kids to eat them without cheese (I am anti-dairy) and they even liked them. The hardest part has been getting the kids picked up after school. Today I was blessed by a couple of Moms who have agreed to pick the kids up and bring them to my office. I thank you both so very much. I know the kids don't love coming to my office and being stuck in the back room, but God has truly blessed me with very understanding kids. I am so proud of them and how well they are holding up under the daily stesses. I seem to have less and less time in my day and I very much look forward to the day that God brings Trish and Ash home. All of the extra work has left me pretty tired in the evenings, but the fatigue does'nt even come close to the loneliness of seperation from my best friend and favorite little Gherkin. I am going to call it a night because the morning will bring more laundry, dishes, cooking and cleaning. And somewhere in there I still have to run a practice and get some work done at work.

Goodnight from Texas,

DAVE

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just fry that liver up with some onions, David! Yummy! Hang in there Mr. Mom...It sounds like you're doing a great job. I know you must be thankful for the help that your mom gives too. The way that you have all pulled together as a family is quite inspiring. Hope you get a good nights rest!

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Liver?!? YUCK!! I think I would rather eat the nasty Lachoy in the blue can was it?? (Just wanted to give you a hard time about that)

Know we faithfully check on you guys and constantly pray for you all throughout the day. You are never far from our mind. I now forward the updates to Troy at work....he told everyone about it and they blocked the site....so now I copy and paste them into an email and forward them to him so that he can forward on to all his employees at work.

God is using your story as a ministry...there are so many lives being touched seeing His hands at work.

If you get too overwhelmed with all your newfound chores, I am sure there are plenty of us out here willing to help. I just wish we could help Trish out with some of her chores in Omaha.

Much love and prayers.

 
At 12:11 AM , Blogger preechrboy said...

I'm praying for you Dave. (I'm also praying for the kids and hoping the 'liver' slides down okay)
Hang in there buddy...I can't even imagine the pressure.

 
At 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there...If it is helpful maybe we can get a meal list sign up to help you out a few days a week. Dunno. Let me know. (=

 
At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're also willing to lend a hand with kids or meals or whatever. I must tell you though, liver is not on the menu at my house..... I'm with Melanie and would probably pick the blue Lachoy can! You are in our prayers!
Karen and Wayne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home