Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/27/2007

Plans for the Day

Instead of packing we have rearranged our plan for the day. Ashley's white count is trying to recover from last weeks chemo so today they will knock it back out by adding in our transplant immunosuppressive drug F-K. She will have a bowel biopsy because the team has become concerned with the sudden onset of the large amounts of stool she is producing in her ostomy bag today. No one is comfortable with what is taking place. She will begin her scheduled chemo for today at 4:00 and it will run until 10:00. Ashley's liver is taking a hit from something unknown. Her bilirubin jumped from .9 to 2.1 overnight. What is going on? We are not sure. Her chemotherapy is said to cause damage to the kidneys but not the liver so we believe it is unrelated. They would like to straight cath her today but I am resistant because so far today Ashley's life has been pretty crummy and I just didn't want her to be put through anything else, but I am fighting a losing battle. She is not making urine this morning and they need a sample to test for a possible UTI. I don't think she has one, but I didn't think she had the last one either and it turns out that she did. I am sure I will relent and allow them to do it because it is what is best. Sometimes doing the right thing is really difficult. She is fussy and weak today so I plan on rocking her for most of it.

Disappointed? yes. I really am, but surprised? No. I am not. This is just what life is going to be like for our Ashley. Ups and downs. Things can change in a matter of an hour(literally). I know I prayed for us to leave only if it were the right time and the safest solution for Ash. Obviously I have received an answer. Today is not the day. I just pray it comes for us soon. Take care today and remember how very special you have all become to a tiny, baby gherkin and her family. God Bless. Trish

8 Comments:

At 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying in Alabama! Praying for answers today and a good outcome for Ash!

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Trish, we are praying for Ashley here! Hope her day improves. God bless you both. Love and hugs

 
At 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you both and loving you from afar. So thankful that I KNOW that God is with you so that you don't have to be alone! Praying He will stop that little bug out of her system and she will be on her way out of the hospital - when He says it's time. We have seen His mighty power so many times work in her little body and He's working yet today. Love and Hugs, Grandma PS What a sweet picture with her little baby!

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe you can say that you have received clear direction in answer to your prayer about God's timing regarding your potential move out of there.

Hate to suggest it, but have you considered that some outside germs could be coming in with new items like the doll and quilt? Just a thought for your consideration ...

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Alison said...

I don't comment but I read and pray everyday. I just wanted to encourage you today...

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish the trials that you are being put through! always remember this... do what He says not anyone else, ok? beleive me this is the only way you will be able to make the right decision, and God will not let you down,you are one incredible woman and you both will come through this thing in a very short time. Love always Barron&Cindy

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Please know that i am praying for you and Ashley today.

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

I've been praying for you today, I hope you are enjoying holding your precious baby and I hope the time will be right for you to take her home soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home