Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/26/2007

Making a Difference

This is my goal. My hope. My dream. My calling. I must make a difference. Not to the world, but to my little piece of it. My Blake, my Allie, my Allison. I pray for their future, their innocence, their lives. What a responsibility I have been given. Not one, not two, but three beautiful people created by the God of the universe and entrusted to me, to Dave, to us.

Making a difference means so much. It includes so much. Every day I wake up knowing that it is up to me show them all that God has created them to be. What do I want for my children? Do I want fame? Do I want fortune? Do I want success? Do I want big homes and nice things? No. These things will fade. They will pass away in time. What do I want for my children? For His children? I want them to know that the only things will follow them into eternity are people.
People are worth making a difference. To show others the love of Christ is worth making a difference.

I hope to teach them many things in this life. Things that will help them to make a difference. I want to teach them to love others. I want to teach them to have compassion and understanding. I want to teach them to be kind, to be generous, to be loyal. I want to teach them that anything worth doing is worth doing 100%. I want to teach them to work hard, to do their best. Not to be the best, but to DO their best. I want to teach them to dream, dream BIG. I want to teach them to never give up on what they love and those they love. I want to teach them to take the good that people offer to them and to leave the bad. I want to teach them to overcome disappointment and to learn from it. I want to teach them how to be leaders. I want to teach them how to be selfless, and giving. I want to teach them to love God with all that they are, with all that they have.

I want to make a difference in their lives so that they will in turn make a difference in this world for Him. I want them to feel happiness, to feel loved, to feel appreciated, to feel joy, to feel confident, to feel important.

I am not a great parent. I make mistakes daily. I am not perfect and neither are my children, but if they could grow up with their dad's integrity, and their mom's big heart, and their Father in Heaven's purpose, then I know that I will have made a difference and in turn they will make a difference.

Blake, Allison, and Ashley I want you to know that I will always love you unconditionally. I am so proud to be your mom. I will pray for you and support you. I will always be here for you. You are worth making a difference for.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I want you to know you are accomplishing all of your goals with the kids. I absolutely admire you and Dave for all you have both taught them. I love you all so much and I'm so proud to be the aunt of such great kids. Please have a restful night.

Thank you for letting Allie come for her birthday.

Sweet dreams.
Toni

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

You are such a great mom! I admire you so much!

 
At 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I want? To have your outlook and spirit. You are awesome Trish! I can see what a great job you're doing........all the way from Alabama!

Still praying!

 
At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beauiful writing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home