Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/26/2007

Mail Day

My Ashley is still sleeping. She has only briefly been awake today so I slipped away from her room to go collect my mail at the apartment. I haven't done this in over 6 weeks. As I emptied out my box and collected my packages I though to myself how fun mail day was. Just reading the names on the envelopes gave me such joy. So many of you have become such dearly loved friends through this journal and your comments. There were many familiar names and a few new ones who must be reading silently along with our daily events. I just wanted to take a few moments to say thank you for each and every one of you who have taken the time to send a note, some encouragement, a gift, a prayer. You have all become such a source of strength for me while I am away from home.

On a couple of personal notes I wanted to tell Susan that I loved the pictures. The kids have grown and they are so BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing them with us. It will be fun to show them to Ash when she wakes up today. I hope Eric will share his stories with us someday. He has touched me just knowing he thought of her. Suzanne, please tell Lauren how very much Ash loved the picture and necklace she sent. Your children are gorgeous and I enjoyed you sharing them with me. I also want to thank you for the gifts you sent to Ash. I love anything embroidered and they were so perfect for our princess. I love ya!

Their were so many surprises that had been collected in our mail box and I just wanted to say thanks to Erinn Ragan, Kim Jarvis, Karen Metzger, Barron and Cindy, and my sister Toni. I loved everything you took the time to send. Thank you so very much.

To my nieces Jessica and Bayly, I received your letters and your handwriting was BEAUTIFUL! I am so very proud of you both. Thank you for writing to us.

I pray that each one of you who come to Ashley's story to check on her and who pray for her know how much you mean to us. I appreciate all of the time you spend here. So many of you have made her a part of your families and I love to know that you have allowed your children to fall in love with our baby. I cherish knowing that your babies pray for mine. Thank you for opening up your hearts to love my Ashley.

We should have an answer tomorrow about where the team thinks we should go. I pray they are leaning toward our apartment instead of the transplant centers coop, but they have to clear it with the cancer team first. Just the thought of actually leaving the hospital is intimidating because of all the responsibility that it involves. Change is never easy, but it is progress. It is progress that must be made in order to bring Ash home someday. Even though I know that we will more than likely return to Omaha many, many times during Ashley's lifetime I think it is important to make that first move back home with her. It would be so encouraging to have her there with her Daddy, Blake, and Allison. All in His time, according to His plan that is my desire. Even if I seem anxious at times the important thing is that it is done according to His will for our Ashley. Thank you for praying about this for us. I love you guys. Trish

7 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all, Trish.
(And I'm SO happy and hopeful that you and Ashley might be able to leave the hospital soon-I will continue to pray for the Lord's guidance as you consider the options.) We love you all!

 
At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, This is such wonderful news. We all rejoice with you for answered prayer. It is some time unconceiveable that someone so very small could have, and has had, such an impact on hundreds of people as we have traveled the road of Ashley's Story with you and your family. Many you don't know and may never know this side of heaven. But, God knows exactly whose lives needed to be touched by the story of one small little girl and she has spread her story all over the world.

Thank you again for the privlege of being able to share her journey with all of you. I can't help believe that God is smiling as He looks on her, one of His most precious creations. Remember,
Love overflows when shared from the heart.
We look forward to your return back home here in Longvew.

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish , what we sent was not alot but we do want you to know that we love you all and the Gherkin. Iknow that God has a big plan for ASH. We too are so over joyed to hear the great news of yall getting to maybe leave the hospital, i know that is a big step and scarry to but have the faith to do it when its time. Trish i to wanted to thank your family for allowing us to become part of the Gherkins story, it is teaching us somethings too. By the way Ashley looked so sweet snuggled in her pink pillow in her crib. Praying for god to give you guidance on the step to make.love Cindy and Barron

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, my heart just jumped at reading that the move back to Texas might be sometime in the near future!! Oh, what a glorious day that will be! Even to think of moving to your apartment is so much progress! God is good, and I believe that He will guide you all in making the decision of where to go with Ashley. Love and blessings to you, Karen

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

You and your family are in my family's thoughts and prayers. You are so great at writing; it makes everything that much more real for those of us who are not actually living it. We praise the Lord for the progress, and will continue to lift you up before the throne of grace faithfully.

Warmly,
Sherri from Montana

 
At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praises for the good news. Oh...how wonderful ...the possibility of Texas on the horizon....THAT IS THE BEST NEWS ALL DAY. Praying for Ash to feel better from all the treatment. Praying for God's will to unfold as to the next step in this journey. Thanks Trish for the update. (= I know if you are to go to the apartment ...you will need an extra dose of strength & endurance. Praying & believing that God has the best "recipe" (He knows all the ingredients to bring Ash home). Praying he will give you & Dave peace about what the next step will be. (= Take care....praying.

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I look forward to hearing the decision.

Take care and good night.

Give "our" Ashley a kiss for us.

Praying like crazy,
Amanda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home