Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/25/2007

Lazy Day

Once again we are surviving the slow weekend in the PICU. Ash's WBC dropped even lower today. It is now only a .5, and she is really weak and wobbly today. She just now woke up for the day, and she looks as though she is ready to go back to sleep. She is sitting here with me as I type with one hand. She is holding on to her box if tic tacs, but she doesn't have the energy to shake them.

Allie is on her way home from my sisters house where she celebrated her 9th birthday with a really fun slumber party. We are so blessed to have the family that we do. All of my siblings and their spouses worked together to make Allie's party such a success. Dave's parents drove her to Oklahoma and my parents got to see her . I know she was so happy and excited to celebrate with them all. I am so thankful my Ashley will get to grow up surrounded by these amazing people. I believe Al's plan was to try and sleep for the entire 5 hour trip home.

I was on the phone with Dave during the Tarheels first game this morning when our son took the plate with 2 outs, 2 runners on base. I was feeling so nervous for him when all of a sudden the crowd went crazy. My Blake hit an over the fence(Dave said he cleared the 8ft fence by 8 to 10 feet!) HOMERUN! I was so excited for him. I wish I could have been there to see it, but since I couldn't be God allowed me to hear it. I can't wait to add another homerun ball to his trophy shelf! They play again at 2 o'clock. Guess what I'll be doing? listening to the crack of the bats by phone. Go Tarheels!

Well my baby fell asleep so she and I are going to crawl up in our chair, watch the snow fall outside our window, and listen to our favorite CD(Third Day's Offerings) while we wait for the game to start. Thanks so much for praying for our baby gherkin today. We love you guys. Trish

4 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Blake! I am glad that he did a great job! I hope that Ashley will soon be able to cheer her big brother on! We are praying for her and hope that she will have more energy soon. Lots of love and Prayers,
Laura Rller Kansas City Kansas

 
At 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for safe travels for Allie & glad to hear about her fun slumber party. Also, WAY TO GO BLAKE!!!!! That is awesome. You may one day be on TV in the major leagues. Sky is the limit. (= Praying for your healing ...& NO MORE CANCER....for you Ash. Praying for your Mom & Dad...this is a LONG road & it has to be ever so difficult. Lifting you guys & your family up.... (= Love in Christ....from Longview, TX

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you everday, reading the journal often. Hang in there.
God is with you.

 
At 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I could check up on Ashley, but I'm still praying and thinking of her often. I enjoyed the video of her smiling ~ it was very sweet. Enjoy your lazy day and baseball game :O).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home