Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/27/2007

A ministry?

...and the God of all comfort. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 11 Cor. 1:3-4

What does this verse say to me? It tells me that someday, some how, in some way we might be able to support, comfort, or minister to another family struggling along a similar path. In the beginning of this journey I would have never thought that we would ever imagine doing something like that. As our path continues to take twists and turns, and continues to teach us lessons about our faith I can see how God is pulling me out of the box I like to live inside. Who would have thought that my Ashley's life might in some way become a ministry? Only God. I don't know how it will take shape, I just know in my heart that this is all happening for a reason. As I have struggled with the constant ups and downs of Ashley's story He has sent precious mommies to encourage me, to pray for me, to share with me pieces of their children's journeys. They usually show up at just the right time. The times that I am feeling as if we will never make it out of here. The times when I am feeling discouraged. The times when I am feeling tired. So to these women, Laura, Monica, Debbie, Kayla, Joey, and Renee I want you to know that I thank God for your friendships, your encouragements, and your prayers.

Today has not been easy for Ash. She has had blood draws, biopsies, fevers, catheters, stitches removed and now we have started her chemo. My sweet baby is worn out and now we will begin to battle the side effects of the Rituximab. This is by far the most dangerous of the 3 drugs we are using to to kill the cancer cells. I am praying that she does well and does not become too uncomfortable. We have already started the nausea medicine in hopes that she will not become too sick with it the next couple of days. If all of Ash's cultures come back negative over the next few days and if her stooling slows down then they would still like for us to go to our apartment. I will not begin preparing to leave until the moment they walk in and say, " here are your discharge papers."

Well Ash is finally sleeping, and the chemo is running so I am going to start some laundry. It will definitely keep me running through the halls of the hospital for most of the night. One of the perks about our apartment is that I have my own washer and dryer and it doesn't cost $3.oo per load. I am looking forward to regaining some what of a normal life. Thanks so much for checking on Ash today and for praying for her. I hope you enjoy your evening. Take Care. Trish

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, I most certainly think God has a ministry for you in Ashley's Story. I can tell He has already used you in numerous ways and most likely will continue to do so for the rest of your life. There will be people you come in contact with that no one else but you--someone who has been in similar shoes--can understand or help them through. You are an amazing witness to those of us who check on you and Ashley several times a day. My prayers are always with you....Karen

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

I so totally wish I could be there in Omaha to at least feed you normal homemade food. I guess I could send it with dry ice? Ha! :) The only thing I know to tell you is that Ashley's story is already a ministry, you minister to me on a daily basis. You and your family keep me in prayer. I had really gotten away from praying often enough...not that anything is often enough...but I wasn't praying at all...regularly. Now I find myself praying whenever I think of you guys and random other people...that is a ministry all in itself. I hope that doesn't sound strange...I just wanted you to know.

Praying in Tennessee...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home