Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/12/2007

Going No Where

It looks as though we will be spending the weekend here at the hospital. We were waiting for the advice of the oncology team in Dallas, but its Saturday and I don't think we are going to hear from them until Monday. Ash continues to have a low white blood cell count and she has been sleeping all day. This is her usual pattern as she tries to recover between her chemo treatments. Her count only went up from .4 to .5 today. Not a significant enough change to make it safe to leave. Her temp remains far under the norm and they have brought in a warmer to help bring it up. The last time she slept under a warmer she was only 3 lbs. This morning someone came in and said, "She's a really big baby!" Dave and I just laughed. They have no idea that she is almost two and a toddler. The main thing she needs to be able to do before leaving is to maintain a stable temperature. I have talked to our team in Nebraska and her liver numbers are all stable and her cultures all came back negative so we are all assuming her struggles are results of the chemotherapy.

Dave spent the night with her and I came in this morning to switch out with him. I haven't seen her eyes open yet today. She is all cuddled up under the blankets in her crib and is sleeping soundly. It seems so weird because her hair is wet from sweating, but her temperature is too low. Her little hands and feet are very cool, but her tummy is not. We have been checking her heart rate and blood pressure and making sure she still has a good capillary refill. Outside of the low count and low temp she looks really good. As soon as she is in a safe place again we will be leaving.

Even though we hoped not to be spending Mother's Day in the hospital, I can't help but be so grateful to be here in Longview. Blake and Al will come up to the hospital to visit Ash and we will all be together. That is a blessing! If we were in Omaha it wouldn't be possible to see all three of the kids, so I am going to be nothing but thankful. Being there mom is the best job in the world and I love them all so very much.

I hope you all have the opportunity to spend tomorrow with your children. Just being around mine doing nothing really important is going to make my day. What a blessed life I am living. Take care and God Bless. Trish

5 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! ;)

 
At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
Happy Mother's Day to a Mom that deserves more than a day of celebration for being the best Mom in the world to 3 children, each in their own places and ways! You make me feel as if I should call off the celebration of my being a Mother due to the unworthiness of comparing myself to a SUPER MOM like you!
Enjoy your day and hug all three kids!
Marlain

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Staci Barham said...

Trish,
I am soooo thankful that you are here in Longview so that you can spend Mother's Day with all THREE of those beautiful kidos of yours!! I wish you the best Mother's Day ever!!!!

Staci

 
At 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray you all will have a blessed Mother's Day! I'm so glad your all together.
Still praying in Nebraska,
Shannon

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'd hoped you'd get to spend Mother's Day at home with your three, but if not, I'm glad you're in the same town with them! I'm praying for your Chilly Willy to warm up, so she can go home soon!

Love to all of you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home