Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/10/2007

Crocodile Tears

The biggest, saddest, wettest, tears you have ever seen. They roll down those rosy cheeks and leave their stains behind. When Ashley cries it sounds so very sad. Our sweet Ashley Kate has spent a good portion of the day crying those big "crocodile tears". She just feels crummy, and it makes her sad. She let me rock her for most of the day, and then she decided she wanted to sit alone and cry all by herself. If I talk to her the tears fall. If I offer her a toy the tears fall. If I speak to her or anyone else the tears fall. As long as I don't make any noise or any sudden movements then she stops. I'm not sure why she is acting so silly. It seems obvious to me that she knows I brought her here, and that I must be responsible for all that is going on. I guess if I felt crummy I might try to blame someone else too. She is just too funny. I know that when her daddy walks in this evening she will be all smiles and ready to cuddle. Its never his fault.

Despite the tear stains on her cheeks and her grumpy attitude she looks so cute today. Her cheeks are so rosy and puffy and she is wearing a new pair of butterfly p.j.'s grandma bought her for her hospital stay. I'll have to admit that I think purple is her color. It pains me to say it(everyone knows I am partial to pink princess wear), but her skin looks so amazing when she wears lavender. As I type my little one sits on the bed grumbling under her breath. I wonder what she is thinking? Whatever it is she sure has a lot to say about it. I don't really care if she is grumpy toward me. I love this little girl, and she is so cute while she sits next to me and complains.

Well, her dad just walked in and guess who decided to smile? I think I'm going to slip away and pick up Blake from the practice field and Al from the gym. I hope to enjoy some time with them while Dave takes over with Ash. What a BLESSING it is to be here in town so we can work together. I am so thankful we haven't been sent anywhere yet. Thanks so much for loving our family and our baby. Your prayers are priceless to us. Trish

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying God's blessings on you...

 
At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I am praying for you, for this beautiful little girl God has given you. I read her story everyday, and I continue to see God's hand through it all....even admist the pain that the days can often bring. Thank you so much for sharing her story. Please know that I am praying for you and that you are such an encouragement to me....as well as a conviction! How little is my faith compared to yours. As your sister in Christ know that I am here for you and prayers are being said.

Love,

Tiff~

 
At 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy you are in town with your family! What a blessing. I am praying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home