Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/08/2007

When it Rains...

...it starts to flood! There are some days that it seems the rain keeps falling and the sun is no where in sight. Despite all that continues to fall from that little black cloud that likes to follow
us around we can't help but smile. It you got to look at this face everday wouldn't you? This is my "messy mozart" in action. I decided to shoot a photo while she was only sharing her musical ability and not the contents of her stomach. I knew you would appreciate that! I just love this baby! I look at her and my heart floods with joy. She continued to laugh and play and smile and NOT nap all day long. Even on the days when her tummy doesn't want to cooperate with her she still manages to have a good time. Everything that she does makes me proud and so very grateful. The fact that she is here, sitting up on the living room floor, playing with her toys, surrounded by her family is a testimony. God has been so very good to us that I can't help but look for Dave's rainbows and daisies around every corner.
There was a moment this afternoon that I had to ask Dave what happened to his rainbow and if someone had trampled his daisy(we had just lost the back window of our Explorer to a trailor that had decided to come loose). I could see he was struggling and I just wanted to see him smile. He looked up at me as we stood behind the car in absolute disbelief and said,"The rainbow didn't show up until AFTER the flood and my daisy got washed away." I think he felt as though he was drowning at that very moment. So what did I do? I decided to enter into his land and pull him back underneath that rainbow. I shared with him how incredible it was that none of the kids were in the car with us. They had been spared from being covered in a million pieces of glass and a very traumatizing experience. I told him how grateful I was that he had not been hurt and that it didn't matter to me if my car had a back window in it or not. I was just glad that what really mattered to me was in tact. I can replace a window, but I couldn't replace any of them. He laughed at me and shook his head. "What happened to you? Did you come to live in the land of rainbows with me?" "Yeah, I guess I did." To tell you the truth its a really nice place to be.

Besides the broken car, the broken bathrooms, the broken lawn mowers, and the broken air conditioner in our house, life is really good for us. Like I said, "when it rains, it floods!" I have no idea why it happens this way. One or two broken things at a time would be plenty to keep us on our knees, but it makes life a lot more fun when it all comes crashing down at the same time. Any way broken things are just things. Tonight I am thankful that I am not surrounded by broken people, broken hearts, or broken dreams. We are all still together. Our Ashley has beautiful, new organs that are giving her the opportunity to live life to the fullest. Just look at this smile! Do you think she cares one bit about broken things? Are you kidding? All she cares about is being happy. She doesnt worry about anything. She just wants to laugh and play. What a great way to live life. Not a care or concern about what tomorrow may bring. I continue to learn the biggest lessons of my life from the smallest person in mine. God's plan really is good.
On days like today all I can say is that I am SO glad to know that God won't allow the flood to overcome us. He is standing there with an umbrella of protection over my family and I don't need to worry. He is so capable of handling the storms and no matter how long they last He will allow the sun to shine on us again.
Good night friends. Take care. Thank you for your time and your presence in our lives. Trish



























9 Comments:

At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooove the picture of Ashley in the pink with the GREAT BIG smile. Precious! And really glad for God's protection over the accident. God Bless!

 
At 2:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have finally caught up on what has been happening with the Adams family for the past week and it took me awhile because I didn't want to miss anything.
I'm sorry, as most everyone else, for all the struggles, especially the mental ones. I can certainly relate.
My brother had been battling with an illness for the last 3 years, but that battle ceased last Friday morning and I am in the process of "sorting out" all that needs to be done during the next several weeks. Then I can devote more of my time to the needs right here in my home with my husband. Sorry, didn't mean to get off on this.
I just wanted to let you know why I have not commented lately. Little Ashley has not been off my mind I just have not had time to keep up with the postings.
The pictures of Ashley you have shared with all of us just really made my day. What a beautiful smile. It is priceless. I continue to pray for her and for your family.
Asking God's blessings to pour out on you~~~~much love.

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger Fiffer said...

Well I just love your pictures and I'd love to hug that baby! Oh my...she is as cute as they come! I wanted to ask you to pray for a friend of a friend who's family was just in an accident and all three of their children were killed. You can see their memorial at http://lifetomotion.com/login/coble/index.html.
Pray for them. Pray hard. And know that I pray for you every day!

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

look at that smile!!

i'm glad noone was hurt in your accident and that you were able to live in the land of rainbows and daiseys for a while--everyone deserves a chance to live there once in a while :)

blessings on you and your today!

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
Ashley looks great! She looks so happy! Hope things are going well.

Holly and Caleb.

 
At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! I love the pictures! I am so happy that you could pull Dave back into the land of rainbows and daisy's and that you were all kept safe by the hand of God! Praying for your family! ~Chan~

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish--the pictures are simply adorable!! Between that smile and those cheeks, oh my goodness! It makes me just want to kiss her!! Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

What a smile! She looks beautiful!

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

What cute pictures, my daughter said the Gherkin is so photogenic, she sure knows how to make your heart feel good. praying that she gets to feeling better

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home