Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/06/2007

Needing a Nap

Were home and everyone is tucked in and fast asleep except for princess Ashley. She of course is up and ready to be entertained. She has been wide awake since yesterday morning at around 7:00. Last night her eyes never closed. Not even for a minute. Today has been the same. She is wired and it looks like she is ready to pull another all nighter. We are in need of a nap!Thursday began her 5 day stretch of high dose prednisone and it makes her crazy. She is trying to crawl out of her skin! She's happy, just not sleepy. Her little arms and legs are so jittery that she can't control them. I will be so glad to see Tuesday morning come.

One thing I can say is that she does seem to have perfect timing. She usually begins vomiting sometime between day 4-6 of her chemo week. It started today. Just once this morning(a small amount), once this afternoon(an even smaller amount), and then it happened. As soon as I walked in the door with her tonight she unloaded. I was SO thankful she waited until we were off the road and out of the car. After 3 consecutive rounds I found myself covered from my shoulders to my toes(yes my flip flops were absolutely full of it) and standing in large puddles in the middle of the kitchen floor. I "tagged" Dave and waddled in my yucky flip flops into the shower while he cleaned up our princess. Bring on the Pedialyte. She is now sitting up in the middle of Nan's bed telling her all about her fun weekend in Houston. I can hear them both laughing as I type.

Tomorrow morning the work at our house resumes. The bathrooms will hopefully be completed in the next two weeks and the family should be able to move home by the end of the month. Even if Ash and I don't get to be here to enjoy the new bathrooms I am glad that Dave and the kids will be able to go back to our house. It will make life much, much easier to be back in town.

The weekend was really great. The drive to Houston was emotional and stressful as Dave and I had much to talk about concerning the latest scare with our Ashley, but the drive home was quiet and peaceful. I so enjoyed turning around and seeing all three of the kids together in the car. Blake slept the whole way home. Allie sang songs with her Dad and tried to entertain Ash, and I just soaked it all up. I am happiest when we are all together.

I don't know what direction or what answers will come this week. I find myself hoping and praying that we are given more time. Our oncologist is making some more calls to the neuro departments tomorrow trying to convince them to take us this week. If they decide not to then I think we are headed to Omaha for neuro consults and evaluations by our transplant team. I'm trying not to worry. I know that all things happen for a reason. His timing is perfect and even if I don't like the answers that come I believe it will be according to what He has planned.

Thank you for your prayers this weekend. I appreciate your encouraging words and support. I'm going to get a couple of hours of sleep while Nan hangs out with our princess. Goodnight and may the Father bless you. Trish

9 Comments:

At 3:01 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Praying for Ashley.

 
At 5:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing for the best this week. Glad to hear the family had a nice weekend together!!! Good luck on the sleep issue or the lack there of. lol Hang in there Trish God has it all in His hands... Love and prayers.
Fonda

 
At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying, for all of you.
With love, Erica

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Carey said...

I hope you got some sleep last night. Sorry i havent been commenting as often, but i am still praying for your sweet Ashley.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

and God bless you

praying for the gherkin (and her tummy:) )

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, hope you got some sleep last night. I'll be praying as you await some answers this week. Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

This is what give me hope for Ashley:

Her symptoms are predictable - seem to be related to chemo.

She has a loving, merciful family.

She was created by The Sustainer, The Redeemer, The Healer.

She is surrounded by prayer warriors fighting the spiritual battle on her behalf.

Our loving Father is already at the appointments and is working for your good.

Still praying...

 
At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continued prayers....(=

 
At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you guys....~Heather

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home