Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/01/2007

Sleeping Pickle

Our little Gherkin has not been herself today. She has not been her regular smiley self. In fact I don't think I saw her eyes for more than 30 minutes today. Her excessive sleepiness today is concerning however I am hopeful that she is just making up for her lack of sleep this weekend. I laid on the floor this afternoon and just watched her sleep. I don't think about this each and every day however she was so quiet and still that I was just looking at her and remembering all God has brought her through. All the hard days where we did not know if she would live or die. I starred at her and thought about the organs that are working inside her, about the little life that was given to give her a second chance. I don't take the time to think about these things each day so it was nice to lay down next to her while she slept and give thanks to God who has brought her so far. I am still amazed when I look at her and see not just one, but two little beautiful babies.

Thank you for taking the time to keep up with and pray for the Gherkin.

Goodnight,

DAVE

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a profound thought. Two beautiful babies. God's blessings can be complex, and tinged with grief, and beautiful beyond anything we could create. I appreciate your family and am praying tonight for your dear child and for the dear family of the baby whose organs she received.

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been praying for Ashley since last September. I am curious to know if she eats solid foods yet? Or can she not handle that? Her face is so cute and chubby in the pictures. I just love her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home