Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/28/2007

Time Together

This morning we are packed and loaded and ready to spend the day together. All five of us, together. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Our sweet Ashley Kate is finishing up her bath and then we will put her new sandals on(they are soooo cute!) and off we will go. I hesitate to say were we are going today for fear of being accused of my "lack of faith" and my poor parenting choices so I will just leave it at that. Just know that we will be enjoying the things we love most. Each other, good friends, our children, outside, and a game that starts with a "b". Ash can't wait!

She looks so good! We are so thankful she has pulled out of this yucky cold that she had and is now returning to her old self. She is silly. She is happy. She is the most wonderful thing. We couldn't imagine our lives any different than they are and we KNOW that all we enjoy comes straight from the Father to us.

We are scheduled for chemo therapy again on Thursday and that will begin our 4th cycle. This week marks the official half way mark. Only 9 more weeks to go, then we will scan her lungs and pray that they tell us the PTLD is in REMISSION. We are supposed to go out to Omaha at the end of this next nine weeks for a follow up and a game plan as to when we might schedule her take down surgery. In the mean time we will continue loving life, playing with our baby gherkin, and looking for ways to serve Him by serving others.

I trust that you all have a wonderful day and a blessed weekend. I have packed the computer and should be able to update this evening on how much fun Ash had. What a blessing it is to see our miracle living her life. Thank you so much for your love, your prayers, and your presence. Take care and enjoy your families. Trish

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

Have fun! Enjoy the sunshine....and each other.

 
At 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better little Ashley.I still pray everyday for you.
Those of you that have asked about Heather well she will be operated on this Thurs. Please,Please pray for her and her family.You can reach her page by typing in ..Especially Heather.

 
At 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been out of town the past few days and haven't been able to read your updates. So, today I read several at once. What a joy to see Ashley get better every day! To hear her laugh after a day of vomiting! God is good. I'm continuing to pray for healing and recovery!

(I tried to leave this comment several times, so I apologize in advance if you get multiples!)

 
At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first found your website, it was hard to read, as our family had lost my nephew to NEC, but, I have to tell you that every day I root for Ashley's recovery and say a little prayer for you all.I have been truly touched by your faith even during the most difficult of situations. Life is so amazing sometimes and I am so glad that you are able to enjoy it together. My daughter loves butterflies too and we will soon be "hosting" some caterpillars to raise and release. I know I will be thinking of Ashley as we let them go. (Too bad Alaska is too far for her to see them:) Have a wonderful weekend together.
Jennifer

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I am so happy to hear Ashley is doing better. I am so encouraged to hear of your faith in the Lord and you love for your little one. What a blessed little one she is. May the Lord cont. to bless you.

 
At 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure your friends have told you this over and over, but DON'T EVER FEEL LIKE THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH YOUR FAMILY IS SOMETHING THAT IS EVEN OPEN FOR CRITICISM. I have cried at the negativity shown by various commenters since early in the year, and have always found strength in how you have handled it - I had to learn very early on that my family was the gift that God gave me and every decision that we made and every move that we made was in his honor and what was best for our family regardless of how others took it...I believe you are amazing people (whom I do not know) simply because your family IS YOUR PRIORITY and I just love that no matter what, they ALL remain your priority and you manage to make everything work out.
I apologize for getting on my soapbox, but nothing makes me angrier than people who criticize without any clue what they are talking about ... "if you can't say anything nice, a blog comment is the perfect place to say nothing at all"
Bless you ALL! And thank you for your inspirational story.
Lauri

 
At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly is the "take down surgery" that you referenced? Just wondering.

Praying for you guys!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home