Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/24/2007

Because of His Wisdom

From the wee morning hours Ashley and I have been listening and watching Praise Baby. I love these DVD's. Not only do the images captivate her, but the music soothes and ministers to both of our spirits. I can't listen and watch while I hold my miracle and not be moved into a spirit of worship. This morning was no different. As I watched the images of His smallest children and His creation I was overcome with gratitude for His wisdom.

From the ant to the elephant, the creek to the ocean, the tiny seed to the oak I see His wisdom. In my life I am learning to appreciate that it is because of His wisdom He already knows what I need and what I can handle at that moment. Whether it be a "nap" or a night's rest He grants it because He already knows. A long endurance race or only one more step today, He grants me the energy because He already knows. A healthy child or a medically fragile miracle, He gave her to me because He already knew what He would equip me to do. His wisdom is astounding. Blessings, trials, struggles, victories, criticism, encouragements, milestones, setbacks, His wisdom determines them all according to what He already knows I need.

This morning my spirit(although it be sleepy) is encouraged. Ash and I will be dealt what His wisdom determines our day shall be. He will give to us what He already knows we will need. I don't have to worry because He is taking care of today and I am confident that in His wisdom it will be preparing us for one of our tomorrow's.

I am hoping she falls asleep and that her coughing will cease long enough to give us a nap, but if not I am sure He will provide the energy to keep going until her Daddy makes it home this afternoon at which point I will "tag" him and then go lay down. Its great to have a partner in this life. We are busy working together at raising our family. I know that this too was because of His wisdom and that He already knew we would need each other. I can't wait until 2:00!

Have a wonderful day and I pray it is blessed for you. Thank you for checking on our sweet Ashley Kate. As soon as we know something from her cultures I will let you know. Until then your prayers are appreciated as always. Take care, friends. Trish

5 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, yes, I'm so thankful for His infinite wisdom. Without it I can only imagine what this world would be; I mean we can see in our own lives and the lives of others so clearly when we don't listen to His wisdom, can't we? I will never be able to thank Him enough for allowing me to be a part of little Ashley's life! She is such a marvelous miracle and such a wonderful gift. He truly blesses us and I'm thankful. I pray His continuing blessings on each and every member of our family daily. With our eyes and ears open and looking up to Him, our days are surely blessed no matter what the circumstances. Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--are spring allergies a possibility? Just thinking that I know I am suffering big time this week with all the nice weather...

God is so great to us. Thank you for being an inspiration to us all...

 
At 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good comment about the allergies. yes, maybe it is just something simple like that.

i would love to see some new pictures of ashley!

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you guys. We are praying for you!

Hugs,
Lori

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, I, too, love those Praise Baby DVD's. Both of my kids still like to watch them, and they also minister to both them and me. Benjamin can hear one of the praise songs on some other CD of his or in church when we sing it, and he'll say, "Hey, Mommy, that's on Praise Baby!" I'm glad you are able to worship with Ashley in the midst of your exhaustion! Blessings and love, Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home