Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/22/2007

Home and Ready for Bed?

So it is 2a.m. and we have just arrived home from our trip to Dallas. Can you believe that now that we are ready for bed our sweet little Ashley is feeling well rested from her multiple naps today and is ready to play? Of course you can. She may have a nasty cold but she is still as ornery as ever. Even though I am exhausted I can't resist those chubby cheeks and that amazing smile. I tried tucking her into bed and she just grinned and waved(and coughed) at me and convinced me that I must not be as tired as I think I am. So I suppose we will be awake for a while watching movies, reading books, rocking, talking, and anything else my little blessing feels like doing. The rest of the family is already snoring and I sit her listening to them all as I type.

The Tarheels had an amazing tournament this weekend. They went 4 for 4 and won in the championship game 12-1. Blake played so well and we were so very proud of him. I think he ended up with 12 RBI's today. What a blessing it is to be home and to be able to watch him play again. On the way to the games we had a long talk about opportunity, talents, and potential. I try to encourage him not to waste what God has given to him, but to use every moment of it to give glory to God and to be thankful to be in the position that God has placed him in. If you only knew this kid and could see how dedicated and how driven he is. I am so thankful for the person he has become. One of the things I love the most is watching him hang out with the guys and just be a kid. We have a great group of families involved on this team and we feel so blessed to be a part of them. God has really given Blake a gift with the Tarheels and their coach.

Allie stayed home and rested, rested, rested. She is feeling so much better. We talked all throughout the day and by bedtime she sounded like a new kid. I tucked her in over the phone and promised to kiss her forehead when I got home. She giggled and said, "You sure love to do that don't you mommy?" I just loved that!

I think Ash looks good after today. She was able to sleep a lot and her coughing all though it is still hanging around seems to be slowing. Her lungs sound clear today and she has remained fever free. I really expected to be admitted to Children's at some point today, but she continues to do what she always does and fight, fight, fight. If the cough is still lingering on Monday then we will go in for a chest x-ray to keep an eye on any possible pneumonia trying to set in. I am praying for it all to go away and for her to return to feeling good.

Tonight or this morning I found out that our precious friend Daisy(who received the same transplant as our Ashley last summer) has been diagnosed with PTLD as well. They are currently in the PICU in Omaha, but her spinal tap came back clear and I am so thankful to know that. This is the same thing as the four tumors in Ashley's lungs that have caused us to go through chemo therapy. I pray and pray and pray that Daisy will not have to do chemo. Please remember to pray for her as you pray for Ash. If you could see this beautiful little girl and all of her curls you would fall instantly in love with her. She is so precious and she leaves wonderful messages for our Ashley about jumping, jumping, jumping together and picking apples together some day. I look forward to that day when our two girls are able to do those things together. What a blessing that will be.

I guess I am going to go lay down next to my sweet Ashley Kate and hang out with her for awhile. I hope to convince her that sleeping would be a "fun" thing to do, but if not then I will just be thankful that I get to be the one to stay up playing all night with her. Thanks for loving her today and for remembering to pray for her and her friend. May God bless you and your families. Trish

9 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

after catching up on several of your blogs, why would encourage Blake to play professional ball? You can't be a true committed Christian when you are playing pro ball. No church any time and go go go. No Bible reading. Maybe you should think about something that's in the ball park God would approve of. bye.

 
At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think organ transplants are God's will? maybe you should rethink about what you are doing to Ashley. She only has cancer due to the transplant. If you would have let things run it's course, she wouldn't be suffering today. Rethink what you are doing to her?

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, if you are so irritated by this blog, please go read somewhere else.

 
At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two "anonymous" posters should not be judgemental.

Is that God's will?

Who are you to tell the Adams family how to lead their lives and the lives of their children?

And you hide behind "anonymous", really...........get a life!

Leave these sweet people alone and go read someone else's blog!

 
At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh--I agree with the other posters! I can't believe this (yes I can--I just don't want to). These people have been going through so much and you write this and hide? Leave them alone and go somewhere else. Comments like these are uncalled for. Judgement is wrong and the Bible says so. Maybe you should check up on what God has to say about that? Look at the log in your own eye before you point out the splinter in someone else's. I will be praying for you!

Now that I have that off my chest--Trish I am glad you got to see Blake play and that you had a good time. Also, I just appreciate you!

Love to you,

Shari

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I feel so badly for people like these first two posters - God is not working in their lives to allow them to write such mean spirited things. None us truly know God's will - we simply follow our hearts the best we can and have faith that God is leading us.

Trish - I have said this before, but it bears saying again: you and your family are so brave. I read your blog daily because it gives me strength and boosts my faith. Those who believe and have the courage to "put it out there" will always be attacked by those who don't believe.

Wendy

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, Trish--you know there's so much I could say about the first two posters who wrote such ridiculous comments! But I believe I've already covered those bases before, and you know I'll stand in the gap with you and pray for your precious family.

You just ignore those people who say things that are utterly ludicrous!

And by the way, Chris and I have a very good friend who plays professional football. He is a very committed Christian whose plan is to go into the ministry once he's done with pro sports. He spends his free time volunteering in our church, and he and his wife are a light to the entire team. So there. :)

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Sarah Rahija said...

God is at work today ... in the lives of Ashley and her family, their family, friends, and community, and of each one who reads this blog. He is working there because He promised to ...

"I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6

Oh, how it hurts to have another strike out against those we love and want to protect. How it makes us want to strike back, even if it with "Christian" words. The only choice we really have, if we truly long to follow Jesus, is love. We love through anger, hurt, and joy. We love through our words and actions. We support each other, because we are one in Christ, and that IS our joy.

Thank you, Trish, for showing love to those you meet, for teaching your family the value of "kingdom living", and for being vulnerable to those around you. For the rest of us, this blog and story is a part of our journeys, and I pray, as I know so many do, that He will use it to draw all who encounter Him through this story, closer to Him.

Have a blessed day, basking in His peace.

 
At 1:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone believes that being a Christian just means you go to church. A true Christian knows the meaning and it is more than worshiping within 4 walls, it is the actions and the words also. And "no Bible reading"? Professional ball players aren't playing 24/7. I am sure the multitude of Christian athletes are able to find time to read the bible and there is that amazing technology of the Bible on a CD now...imagine driving or flying across the country and listening to the word of God while watching his creations pass in front of their eyes. What better way to worship His glory and goodness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home