Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/20/2007

Being me Means Being a Mom

Today I am at home(you know, grandma's house) busy being me. That means I am busy being a mom. To some my life may not seem glamorous. It may not seem like its adventurous. It may not seem like I do anything that important, but I would have to argue those points with you. Most days my mornings start out with glamour. Not for myself of course, but for my two girls who were born to look like a princess. Each day I work my "magic" on Allie's beautiful head of hair and send her out the door to school feeling like shes beautiful. Then I turn my attention to our littlest princess. Picking out just the right shade of pink in her pile(since we live off the floor in grandma's guest room) and a giant matching hair bow to wear around the house. Once the girls are looking and feeling glamorous I begin the adventurous part of my day. If you could see the "mountains" of laundry and toys and baseball equipment I must climb over every day you would agree that my life truly is an adventure. I dodge whatever is lurking under or behind each pile as I try to locate the things we will all be needing throughout the day. If you have ever turned a pair of your eleven year old's baseball socks right side out before throwing them into the washer then you know the level of danger that is involved in this life I am living.

Now to the important part of my life. The part that I am convinced is making a difference in this world we live in. My days are full of listening to their little mouths run constantly. Loving on them whether the be smelly or shiny clean. Loading laundry, diaper bags, back packs, baseball equipment, and whatever else the think they might need done. Liking every single aspect of this job, and learning to do it all to the glory of God.

No matter if I am rubbing Blake's feet at the end of a long tournament, making a mug of chicken noodle soup for Allison while she is under the weather, or changing a stinky, yucky ostomy bag that covers up our Ashley's amazing new gift as long as I am modeling to these young people a servant's heart then I am doing the most important job in the world.

I wouldn't give up this job for any other. I am blessed beyond measure. Not only does my cup runneth over, but so does my heart. I just can't imagine be anyone other than me just being a mom to my Blake, my Allison, and my Ashley.

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish--these are some of the same thoughts that have been going through my head the past few days--how lucky I am to be a mom. It's not the most glamorous job in the world's eye, but it is the job that God has privileged me with, and oh how blessed I am. You are such a beautiful witness! Love, Karen

 
At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a mom is the most important job in the world the pay might not be the best but that benefit package is the best. I love being a mom.

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--I really think being a mom is one of the "highest" callings God has given us ladies. I just love being a mom and some days I wonder, too, why people think it's boring or maybe I don't enjoy my life. I LOVE my life. I love making my boys feel so good about themselves and feel handsome. I have learned so much from you. How to cherish the small things, rejoice everyday, how to be a blessing to others....you are truly an amazing lady! I, too, strive to give God all the Glory for everything I do. Including my jobs here at my house. You are such a wonderful witness of Christ's love. I am praying for Allison and Ashley today. That the Lord would touch their precious bodies.

I love your family, Sweetie!

Shari

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Great post! I've been praying that both of your girls feel better today. My son broke his arm a couple of weeks ago (the day after his first baseball practice of machine pitch - AARRGH!). Anyway, when I signed it, I was told not to put love or anything like that and I couldn't even put Momma. Only Mom. So, with a sigh, that's what I did. And he looked down at it and we discovered that MOM upside down is WOW. I said, "Well, of course it is!" :) You are definitely a "WOW" kind of MOM. The love for your kids just shine out of all you write. Thanks for being open to us and allowing us to share in that.

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger TK said...

Trish- You don't know me but I know you from reading your story and your families story over the past several months. I learned about your blog from Sarah- In the Midst of It and I've been lurking awhile.

I have to comment today to say thank you. Of all the blogs I read God seems to teach me the most through your writings. Last night when I read how both of your girls were sick and you would be running between them I thought wow I complain and pity myself when one of my children are needy. You have your hands full but always seem to journey with such a positive, thankful attitude. I've read posts from you when you're not always thankful. This shows me that you're real and authentic which makes me that much more impressed with your usual gratitude with the life God has blessed you with.

Your post today has blessed me tremendously and just what I needed to read. Thank you for rising above some very very hard circumstances and choosing to be thankful. We only have one life. We can either embrace it and be all that we can be to all who need us to be or resist it and be miserable.

Unfortunately on many days I tend to lean toward the resisting. I'm thankful for people like you who show me life can be lived another way. I know it must be so hard. Keep doing whatever your doing. I know God will continue to give you the strength you need for today.

THANK YOU.

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be a professional ballet dancer...my husband and I. We found out we were pregnant with our first one a little over a year after we were married...SUPRISE. Two weeks before we were supposed to start at a new company that I had worked really hard to get into shape for...I was going to be entering a whole new realm...being a mommy. God has used my first born and the following two that He has blessed us with to change my heart. He has blessed me beyond any thing I could have imagined...to be a mommy is ABSOLUTELY the best job in the world...the most difficult and challenging...but the ultimate none-the-less! Have an awesome night. Sunshine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home