Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/26/2007

Working Mom

Today I am a working mom. I mean a working mom outside of the house. Dave needed help in the office this afternoon so here I am. I honestly don't know how much help I am. I basically answer the phone, mess up the appointment schedule, and visit with our patients(this part I am really good at). Between all of my mistakes he has to run up and fix and my questions about how this or that is done I think he might have been better trying to juggle all the balls himself. Oh, well it makes for a fun afternoon as he laughs and laughs at me. I have actually accomplished a few things. I have filed, cleaned the dark room, and inspired him to get a few things going he has let go for far to long. The kids showed up after school and Allie is now helping me file x-ray films and she is really good at it. She loves this kind of work and has the biggest smile on her face while she is doing it.

Nan has Ash for us this afternoon. I think Ash is starting to feel a little better each day. All of her cultures have come back negative. We have no answers as to what made her so sick, but it doesn't really matter as long as she gets better. She is staying awake for longer periods of time and is smiling more and playing with her toys. We are so thankful she is starting to recover. Her white count is still under the norm, but it too is slowly recovering. Just in time to go back for another round of chemo next week.

Today we received a surprise in the mail from one of our tranplant friends. I was so excited to hear from them. We knew each other for a short period of our stay while their infant son received a liver transplant. How blessed I was each day to enter the family room for lunch and find his mom there. We visited, we cried a little, and we talked about our families. I miss her and I had been wondering how they were. So today I want to say thank you to Amanda and Kinnick for the beautifl book. It made me cry as I thought of us living each of those moments with our children. What a gift we have been given. Along the way I have met many, many people and I just wanted you to know that I think of you often, and I am glad for our daily encounters. May God bless you and your family.

I am looking forward to getting home to hold that baby pickle. I have missed her greatly this afternoon, but I know she is in good hands. I am so very grateful I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't trade places with any one! Thanks for praying for her today. Can you believe it has been 7 months since we got "the call"? Time slips by so fast. Take care and God Bless. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home