Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/25/2007

Lesson's from Laundry

Today is THE day. The day I have decided to tackle(again) our piles and piles of laundry. It doesn't seem to matter if I have it all washed and clean or if it is all dirty and smelly the piles that surround grandma's house are NEVER ending. I would like to say that the problem stems from living out of our suitcases with no other place to store it(which is true), but I remember having these kind of issues at home in our house too. I never can seem to get it all washed, folded, ironed, hung, and put away on the same day. Life just gets in the way of completing the task. In any given area of the house you can find baskets of soiled laundry, piles of unfolded clean laundry, stacks of crisply folded laundry, and wrinkled laundry on hangers that never found its way into our closets. Today will be different(I hope). I have decided to master the piles and FIND somewhere to place them. I have a goal and that's a good place to start.

Ash woke up vomiting early this morning and it lasted close to 3 hours. She is finally resting again and seems to be more comfortable now that she is asleep. As I was treating the spots on her clothing this morning I began to think about my heart. As I sprayed(and sprayed and sprayed and sprayed) everything she had managed to soil this morning I started praying. Just like that dirty laundry I was working in my hands, I could see the Father holding my heart in His. I wonder if He is hoping to work out the soiled areas of my heart today? I continued working on the laundry and allowed Him to begin working on me. I prayed that He might cleanse the spots in my life that have been piled up for far too long. I asked Him to treat those areas and make them clean. I began to giggle at myself. Who in the world can take a pile of laundry and use it as a devotion in her life? Only a mom. At this point in my life,I'll take what I can get and allow Him to teach me through anything. Even if it is a pile of yucky p.j.'s and blankets. I left the washing machine and started searching for a reference to go along with my laundry room devotional and this is what I found.

Psalm 51
...blot out my transgressions
...wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
...purge me...and I shall be clean: wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
...Make me to hear joy and gladness.
...Create in me a clean heart,O God:and renew a right spirit within me.
...Restore unto me the joy of my salvation.


One thing I love about my life is that I get to do these simple,mundane tasks. Washing laundry for a baby gherkin whom I love with all my heart blesses me. Knowing that He placed her in my care along with Blake and Allison encourages me to WANT my heart to be clean, and pure, and free from spots. If He can use a bottle of Shout, a tub of Cheer, and a jug of Bleach in my life today, what could He use in yours? Just a thought I wanted to share. Take care my friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your presence here and for the prayers that accompany it. Your are loved and appreciated. Trish

10 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. What an awesome parable! PRaying for ASh to feel better soon!

 
At 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know we still pray faithfully for Ashley (and everyone) several times a day. We've just been extra busy lately, but read every post. I pray for her to sort of "level out" soon. Sounds like we're spending out day the same way today. :)

 
At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I first read the bottle of Shout to be a bottle of Scotch - wonder if the two go hand in hand! LOL

On a more serious note, please everyone here pray for this poor mom and baby. I thought of Ash when I read it because they are in TX too.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/04/25/baby.emilio/index.html

Love, Pam

 
At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your website after I was on an old friends website, and I have just been truly blessed by your posts. I know that God led me to this site. The awesome thing about being brothers and sisters in Christ is that, even though I do not know you, I see my Heavenly Father in you! His strength, love, and compassion flow through you onto your daily journals. I just wanted to thank you for blessing me daily with your wisdom and with your desire to see Christ working in every aspect of your life. My family and I have been lifting you and your sweet family up in prayer every night, we will continue to pray for you and your precious family. Thank you again, you have blessed us and encouraged us.
Jennah Gassid

“Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”
Psalm 126:2-3

 
At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Triish. We love you and are praying for you guys. I visit your website everyday and never fail to glean new wisdom and insight from your posts. Sarah's In the Midst of It work the same way in my life. I love her just as much. Thank you Sarah for introducing us to her. Love you.

 
At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to post again. I read your post from a few days ago concerning anonymous and just wanted to post again. (The first post was me trying to figure out how to post.)
First of all, Trish. I am so sorry for such hurtful comments from anonymous. I, too, know how hurtful such comments can be. I deal with them all the time, too. My husband lost his job back in Dec. of 2006 due to a work related injury ( the company we work for has a policy, if you can't return to work after one year, they can terminate you. And you know what, Trish? They do. Even if you HAVE been there for nearly thirty two years). And I hear such things as: 'I'd never let MY husband stay at home at all day while I had to go in to work,' or 'I have no respect for a man who won't work.' They just don't get it, do they? They just don't see things the right way. According to them, I should 'put my foot down.' Others view my submission to my husband as 'doing everything he tells you to do,' or 'he has another child in her.' Those kinds of comments hurt. I won't lie to you. Especially when they are SO unfounded. So I can relate to how bad you must have felt after reading anonymous's comments. I'm sorry for that.
And anonymous,I hope this post doesn't sound like me really coming down on you. That's not my intention. Please know God loves you. I don't know what pains you are feeling and the hurts you have had to go through. I don't know what misunderstandings you have experienced. But God does. And He weeps right along with you. If you have been hurt, He weeps, He identifies with your suffering. If you have been misunderstood, He understands. He 'gets' it.

 
At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - thanks for the reminder to offer my heart up to God to clean!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am backed up on laundry - so I will have plenty to pray through! I loved the comment Judy left, what a wonderful reminder to pray for those that hurt us. Judy, I will pray for you and your husband! Sunshine

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--this writing is lovely! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this.

Shari

 
At 8:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post today. It is a reminder to me...to ask God to cleanse me and make my heart pure! God continues to use you in so many ways....you will probably never know how many people you have reached by pouring your heart out! I thank you for that! Love and Prayers and May God Bless YOU!!! Praying for Ashley today as she is at home with her family!

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Joyful Days said...

I found your blog through Sarah's In the Midst of It and have been slowly trying to catch up reading on Ashley's story for a while. I have been so blessed by your Ashley and your whole family. Thank you for sharing.

My mother goes for chemo in Omaha and a while back was telling me about a wonderful little girl & her mama she met there, far away from home. After reading here, I think it might have been you. Anyway... another person, it seems, you might have blessed.

The laundry devotion is one I won't forget.

Prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home