Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/27/2007

A New Day

How wonderful to wake up to a new day each and every morning. My sweet Ashley is feeling like a new person this morning. I am so excited. She seems to have beaten the worst of this cold, virus, or whatever it was, and is now ready to be her sweet self again. She has a small amount of cough and congestion that remains, but the important thing is that the smile has returned to her face. She is sleeping well at night, eating baby foods a few times a day, and playing, playing, playing. Thank you for praying for her.

This morning we are going to go outside and listen for the birds, watch the squirrels, and hunt for those butterflies that captivate her asttention. I am not sure why she is so drawn to them? Maybe its becase their little wings flutter so quickly. Whatever it is I think they happen to be her favorite part of being outside these days.

Today Ash is expecting a very special visitor, and she is so excited. Her nurse, Allison, is coming out to run her cytogam infusion for us. Ash hasn't seen Allison since the week we left for Omaha. We can't wait to show off. Allison watched our Ashley deteriorating along with us for the eight months we were home before transplant. She spent many mornings in our nursery listening to me fall apart. We cried a lot those days, we laughed a lot those days, and we waited. What a HUGE blessing Allison has been to our Ashley and to our family. Today she will see our Ashley's beautiful skin color, white eyes(no longer green:), and see how big she has grown. I remember how we used to hold our breath as she would place Ash on the scale each week just hoping for it to change from the previous number. It never did. In eight months she never even made it past 12lbs. We have SO much to be thankful for!

Well, my Ashley is shaking her head at me, grabbing my mouth, and knocking my hands of the keyboard. I think she is ready to go outside. She tends to be just a little opinionated these days. I guess I will close for now because it is getting more and more difficult to wrestle her. She is now waving "bye,bye" to the computer. I'll talk to you later. Take care. Trish

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

So glad she is feeling better! Enjoy your day watching the butterflies.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I am so jealous. I would love to be outside watching the butterflies. What a great day you have planned. I am glad to hear that things are going well.

You are in my prayers always,
Amanda

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

I've started to do friendship friday with the mister linky... i dunno if you're interested but it sure sounds like you would have a lot of great things to offer. It would enlighten all our hearts to hear about Ashley's friends and her adventures in a special post on Friday's... this week I'm just posting a fav memory about my friends but I hope to have more guidance in the weeks to come

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Krista said...

She has every right to be opinionated. Sounds like you have been Blessed yet another Day! Praise God for that! Have a wonderful time and enjoy the butterflies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home