Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/01/2007

The Best Gifts

Most of them money can't buy. Most of them don't come wrapped up with a big bow. Most of them I received when it wasn't even my birthday. I thought I would share with you a few that made my list.

Dave. He has to be the most amazing person I know. His integrity, personality, and optimism are hard to match. He is a gift.

Joy. The kind that comes from deep inside. You couldn't contain it in a box even if you tied a bow around it. It would just keep popping the lid off.

Time. Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month(I think you get the picture). He has given me time to enjoy all that He has blessed me with. I would hate to waste it with an ungrateful heart!

Blake. Oh, how I love my son! I love everything about him(maybe not his smelly socks), but everything else just makes me love him. He is the best 11 year old guy I know.

Peace. The peace that comes from knowing Jesus and knowing where my eternity lies. I don't need to worry because in the end I will be spending my moments with Him in perfect peace.

Friendship. I have the kind of friends that don't require a phone call everyday to keep in touch. The kind that love me even when we don't see each other that often. The kind who pray for my baby although many have never even met her. Those kind of friends are true and I wouldn't trade one of their sincere prayers for all the world.

Allison. She is soooo beautiful! She is soooo talented! She is sooooo funny(just like her Daddy)! She is sooo precious to my heart! I love that little girl and hanging out with her just makes my day.

My sisters. I wish you could know these amazing women. I have the most incredible sisters. God gave me my two best friends in the form of my sisters. I am safe with them. They know me inside and out and they choose to love me anyway. Nothing could ever come between us. They are godly, they are beautiful, they are strong, they are talented, they are honest, they are courageous, they are dedicated. They are all of this and so, so, so much more. I love you guys. Thanks for always being there to listen on the other end of the line.

My brother. His wisdom far exceeds mine. We spent our younger days side by side. Nothing could separate us. I love this man. I appeciate the role model he has become. I admire his testimony and his work for the Lord. I love his beautiful wife as if she were my own sister. Thanks for making my childhood fun and for choosing Rachael for us. You did well!

Diet coke. O.k., I know you could technically wrap up a case and put a big bow on it, but the JOY that would spill out of me when I opened it would not be containable! (this really has become a sin in my life and I need to rid myself of the addiction-- again).

My Ashley. What words can I use that would even begin to describe this tiny gift? She is the evidence of so MUCH in our lives. She taught us that God hears us when we pray. She taught us that there IS power in the prayers of HIS people. She taught us how strong we could become. She taught us the value of living. She taught us how to love others without conditions. She taught me about the person I really am. This child is so much more than my daughter. She is an amazing gift. I love her with every part of me.

Prayer. The ability to actually talk to the Creator. This has got to be one of the biggest gifts He has given us all. Did you know He is always there, never sleeping, never absent, just waiting to hear from you? How humbling it is for me to know that He WANTS me to talk to Him. He longs for fellowship with me.


You. Your love, your prayers, your concern, your faithfullness, your encouraging words, your presence. Each of you have become a gift in my life. I did nothing to deserve your time, but I am so grateful for each moment of it. I know you have a choice and I feel honored that you choose to love my Ashley.

My list could fill page after page of this journal, but I won't ask you to continue reading. I think you can see that my life is full of gifts and I can't think of another thing I need. So in honor of my Birthday, I plan on enjoying every single one of these gifts today(and I think I will start with an ice cold diet coke). I pray your day is blessed. Take care. Trish

7 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to an incredible Mom!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Happy Birthday! This was a beautiful post!

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Trish!! I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you all!!!

 
At 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trish!! May you have many, many more with your precious family!!

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A MOST BLESSED BIRTHDAY I'M PRAYING YOUR WAY! YOU ABSOLUTELY AMAZE ME TRISH! BEING A RECIEPIANT OF YOUR LOVE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL GIFT TOO! I HATE THAT WE ARE APART, BUT AM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WITH YOU VERY SOON! LOVE, KATHY

 
At 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You are such an inspiration to us all.

 
At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday :) i hope it was terrific--you deserve it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home