Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/09/2007

Misery loves company

...and vomiting loves a little company too. Like fever.

This morning our little fever got us a minimum 48 hour hospital stay. The troops have been sent in and they left with lab work, blood cultures, stool cultures, and urine cultures. They also took a chest x-ray. So now we sit and dodge her "offerings" while we wait and wait and wait.

The good thing about being here is that we were able to visit with a couple of friends we hadn't seen in a while and they were able to see our sweet Ashley Kate. I LOVE to hear our friends reactions when they see Ash for the first time since her transplant. Everyone always has such positive and encouraging words. If you knew our Ashley before her transplant and saw how tiny and fragile and sick she was you too would be amazed at how GOOD she looks today. God has done miraculous things in her life.

I have no idea what has made her feel so yucky. She could have picked up a virus or bug of some type. Hopefully the vomiting will stop and the cultures will come back clear on Friday. In the meantime we will just hang out and hope we haven't earned ourselves a flight into Omaha this week.

We are running some IV fluids and some IV meds to try and stop the vomiting, but so far its not working. I hope that we can slow it enough so that she might get to rest a little this morning. I would be so appreciative of your prayers this morning. Not only for our sweet Ashley but also for a family with the last name of Coble. They lost their three beautiful children in a car accident and our now facing life here without them. I can't imagine the degree of pain they must be feeling. My heart is broken for them and I pray for peace and comfort and strength for this family. Please, please, please take them to the Father today. The memorial for their children will be the 12th. Thank you for your willingness to love others because you love Him. Your prayers are impacting lives that you may never even meet.

8 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

Trish I hope that your little Ashley starts to feel better soon and all of her tests come back ok. How adorable she looks in the pictures from your previous posts, I wish I could reach thru and squeeze those cheeks! I will be praying for you and the Coble family as I recently heard about the terrible accident the other day. I wish things like this didn't happen and we could all live in the land of daisies!

 
At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with Ashley this morning and the Coble family. Thank you letting us know about this family so we can be a part of praying for healing for their hearts.

May Ashley feel better soon! It was great to read about what a good day she had yesterday. May tomorrow be another good day instead of a yucky day.
Love,
Susan

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

praying harder

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

I hope she feels better soon. You have to get a break at some point. Keep hanging in there. You seem upbeat today.
Blessings and more blessings,
Gwen

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for Ashley. Found the story about the Cobles through a comment on BooMama's. Heartbreaking. Such beautiful children. I have already started praying for the family. Awesome of you to mention them and request prayer. You have a great heart for others.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger monica said...

Hi Trish. I just got caught up on Ashley's and your family's ups and downs. I think about you guys often and your family is constantly in my prayers. I want you to know that I'm praying especially hard that Ashley's cancer has not spread.

The Coble family is also in my prayers.

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Praying for you and the Coble family today.
dawnz

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Im praying Ashley feels better soon. Poor thing.
Im also praying for the Coble family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home