Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/09/2007

Still Sleeping

Our sweet Ashley Kate is still sleeping. She went to sleep around 1:00 this afternoon and has not been awake since. Her count is low and her system is weak. I pray she is healing and rejuvenating while she rests. I really think she has grown today. I'm serious when I say that I think she is getting bigger right before my eyes as I watch her sleep. She looks so beautiful and sweet tucked in that bed.

I'm tired. I never thought I would forget the way it felt to sit around in a hospital room all day, but I did forget how tired it makes you. I feel as though I've really worked hard today and all I have done is watch my baby gherkin sleep. I'm almost ready to crawl up next to her and drift off to sleep too.

Tonight my heart literally hurt and I gasped as I watched a debate between Christians and athiests. As the athiests continued to spew their bitterness and blasphemy I became physically ill and so burdened for them. All I could think of over and over again is that I would rather believe in my God and find out I was wrong than to be on the other side of it and not believe in Him and then find out I should have. What do I have to lose? I know He is real and what He says is true. You don't have to convince me, but if you don't believe you have all of eternity to lose. Please,please I beg of you to open your heart and seek Him. If you don't find Him then you can tell me how wrong I was, but I believe that if you try to find Him and if you ask Him to reveal Himself to you that your life will be forever changed. Its not about rules, regulations, and restrictions. Its about a relationship with the One who loves you more than you can imagine. He is there. He is real. I'm not trying to preach to anyone. I am just sharing with you that my heart is burdened for you if you don't believe. I am praying for you and for those who so carelessly stated tonight that they would gladly go to hell. I do not want for you or for them to have to spend eternity there. You honestly have nothing to lose if I am wrong, but what if I am right? Then you have everything to gain.

I don't know how anyone could look at my sweet baby girl and NOT believe. If you only knew all that He has done. If you only knew how much He loves her and me and you. Tonight I will lay my head down and pray over many things. One that is heavy on my heart are those who do not know and who do not believe. The two people I watched tonight will forever haunt me and my prayer is that someday their heart will soften and they will come to know Him. God is real. My Ashley's story screams of His existence and His love. Thank you for coming. Thank you for praying. Good night and may He be real to us all. Trish

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Ashley I hope that after her 48 hour stay she will be able to go back home. Chan

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for Ashley to be able to go home soon. Great post! I agree. How can anyone see the miracles around us and not believe? And I have noticed that most times when a person on tv is an atheist, there is such bitterness and hate flowing through them. What a sad state to be in. I'll be praying for them too. Thanks for that reminder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home