Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/14/2007

Its Been a Monday!

Well, all I can say is that I might have been better off if I had decided to stay in bed. It has definitely been a Monday in my world. It started off without the sound of an alarm clock. I jumped out of bed with only 30 minutes to get Dave and the kids off to the office and school. It didn't go smoothly. As I was frantically searching for uniforms and work clothes in the ever growing piles of mess that surround the guest room we are living in Blake jumped out of the shower and I sent Allie in. Al prefers a bath to a shower and hadn't yet woke up enough to realize that when I said to hurry that meant there was no time to run a bath. She started the water then left to run to the kitchen to grab a cup so she could rinse her hair. Unfortunately she had already locked the bathroom door and it closed tight behind her leaving the faucet running at full force. It only gets more chaotic from here and I won't go into all the messy details, but I am sure you can imagine how our week started off.

Once Dave and the kids were finally out the door I heard my sweet Ashley Kate begin to stir. She was soundy a little too happy for her usual grumpy demeanor that early in the morning and I walked into a masterpiece. Let me just say that she was caught red handed(or shall I say yellow) finger painting with what should have been the contents of her ostomy bag. Again, I'll allow you to imagine the rest.

Today was supposed to be a "lazy" day of staying in and doing laundry, but when I started the first load of what would prove to be many the washing machine began to leak and cover the floor of the laundry room. Honestly by this time I was contemplating just grabbing my baby and going back to bed except for the fact that I needed to wash the "masterpiece" out of our sheets. Sometimes my life is just a comedy of errors.

Once I successfully cleaned up all of the disasters that seemed to be haunting me this morning I finally sat down and rocked the most beautiful baby. There is nothing in the world that can compare to how good it felt to just sit and stare in amazement at who she is. I am so thankful to have her "home"(ours is still in the process of the remodel). Her count is slowly making a come back inching its way up .1 at a time. She spent a good portion of her day sleeping, and is now playing at Nans while I do a little yard work. The kids are playing a game of volley ball and as I listen to them laugh together I realize that regardless of how my day began all is right in my world.

So sorry for the late post. My original post that I sat down to write early this morning just disappeared right before my eyes and I just added it to my list of Monday morning events. I am glad that I didn't go back to bed because I would have surely missed out on what the Lord had planned for my day. I suppose I will run outside now and spike that ball over the net just to show them how cool I am. You know in case they forgot. Take care and have a blessed day. Trish

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

Any day that you're too busy enjoying time with your family to post is a great day for us, as well! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed week.

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

I am assuming we will have pictures of the masterpiece, ha! :) Love those kinds of days!!! Now, I want to know how you get the laundry done? Just when we are "caught up"...well, you know, the rest is well, more laundry!! Love & Hugs! Tamara

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Bless your heart! What a Monday! Hope tomorrow is better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home