Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/13/2007

A job done well

I have the most important job I have ever had in my life. Trust me when I tell you I've had several. I went to college to become a funeral director and embalmer. While in college I was a waitress, a pharmacy tech, a tanning salon attendant, a sales girl at Victoria's Secret(which was Dave's all time favorite), a shoe salesman, and probably a few more which happen to have slipped my mind. The job title I currently hold is absolutely the best I have ever earned. When I say that I have earned it I MEAN I think I earned it. Blake's labor was 14 long hours, all natural, in our home. Allie's was a mere 8 from beginning to end again in our home. My Ashley's, well you all know my Ashley's story. The children's birth weights were 10lbs 2 oz, 10lbs 8ozs, and our Ashley, not born out of my body but from my heart, was a whopping 2lbs 12oz.

As I said I currently am employed at the most important position I have ever had. The salary and benefits package are higher than I have ever earned and so much more than I deserve. Sometimes my pay checks remind me a little of the old country doctor who was paid in chickens and vegetables, and other times they are so valuable a monetary value could never be assigned to them. Nonetheless I wake up each day excited to go to work, ready to tackle whatever task is before me, and smiling all the while. I firmly believe that if you must work you should find out what you love to do and figure out a way to get paid for it. I have definitely found my niche. My place in this world and my purpose!

I know the value of a job well done. My dad taught me early on how to work hard and be proud of what I was doing. When I think of all the responsibility that comes from my line of work it can be a little overwhelming at times. I must do a good job. NO, I must to do a GREAT job. There is no time for slacking, and no opportunity to cut corners. The products I turn out will make a difference in this world. A job well done or half way done will determine what impact they will have for HIM. My job is not intended for the weak or the faint of heart. It requires a faith in the One who hired me, a determination to keep on keeping on even when it gets tough, energy that never runs out, drive and purpose with the goal always in the back of my mind, and lots and lots of prayer. I wouldn't trade this job for anything.

Today was the day I have been looking forward too. It was pay day. You know the time of year when you receive that bonus you've been working so hard to earn. I got mine today, and I just wanted to share with you what my "bonus" consisted of. From my Blake I received a "free" coupon that entitled me to a game of baseball in the back yard that he would let me win. From my beautiful Allison I received a letter that thanked me for teaching her how to be kind, gentle, and loving(I think after 9 years of HARD work she is finally getting it!). From my pink bundle of baby girl, my sweet Ashley Kate, the most amazing smile you have ever seen. After opening up my "bonus" check this afternoon I realized that not only am I blessed woman, but I am a rich one too. Life doesn't get any better than this.

To all of you who have become so very precious to me I want to wish you a Happy Mothers Day. It truly is the most important job you will ever be asked to do. You all inspire me and encourage me. Your prayers have carried this very weary mom along on days that seemed as though they would never end. Your friendship is so appreciated and I am honored to hold the same title as many of you. The title of Mom. We truly have been smiled upon. Take care tonight and may God bless you and your families. Trish

8 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

On my blog I wrote a thank you for all the people that have challenged me and inspired me to be the mom I want to be...you were one of those that I listed. I may not meet you this side of heaven - but you have taught me so much through your blog about being a mommy, a wife, and a child of God. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day. Sunshine

 
At 11:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish you have done it again. you have brought me to tears. Not tears of sorrow, but of such deep gratitude. Even in the midst of your storm here you are making such a statement!!!! I think of my battles with my 15 year old son. I'm so thankful for every battle, thanks to you!!! Your children are so blessed to have a mom with so much love!!!! You have made my mother's day complete. I didn't think it could get any better than spending the day with the two most important people in my life, but after reading your blog, i realized how special it really was. Thanks for opening my eyes once again. You and your 3 special gifts and David are in my prayers.... Thank you for sharing your love with us....

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Trish,

What a beautiful day you had! I love that Blake will let you win. How priceless of a sacrifice!

You are a wonderful mother. The love you have for your children is evident in your words. Yet, I know that they are just a small glimpse at what you lavish on your children each day. They are blessed to have you as their mother.

Happy Mother's Day! Love and hugs!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

those sound like great gifts for a great mother! :)

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. I do believe God is saying the same thing as your post title, "Well done, good & faithful servant!"

 
At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I just have to remind you of one job you left off your list...or at least I don't remember seeing it. A long time ago I asked David how you and he met and he told me that he saw you behind the cash resister at the Ryan's or one of those buffet places and you were the prettiest thing he'd ever seen. He came back through your line the next day and asked you out.

I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! May God continue to bless your family. Susan

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspire me to be a better mom. Not everyone is gifted with child rearing skills & talents. Thanks for this post....(= Sometimes we need reminders.....

Hope You have a great day & can go to YOUR home soon....how is that coming along?
Praying...

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

When I read the part about your first two babies' weights my eyes just about popped out of my head!

You are amazing. Period. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home