Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/16/2007

So Proud!

What a moment! I am just beaming with pride. Our sweet Ashley has discovered something new today. I wish it had been her eyes, her ears, or her sweet toes, but at this stage of the game you can't be too picky. Let me tell you that I am here to announce that Ash has stumbled into a "normal" child hood behavior. That word "normal" is something we don't get to use too often when describing our sweet Ashley so you might understand why I am celebrating this behavior. Are you ready to find out what my little lady learned to do this morning? Brace yourselves because this is a BIG one. Ashley found her sweet little nose and learned to PICK IT! Can you believe this? I am trying to raise a lady and she is bound and determined to prove to me that she will not be one.

Not only did she find her nose and learn how to place her finger into it, she learned how to do it very well. She was quietly sitting on her blanket, surrounded by her toys while I stepped into the kitchen to make her formula. Her back was to me so I just assumed she was amusing herself with blocks or babies or something along those lines. When I sat down in front of her to hook up her feeding pump much to my surprise she had picked her nose so well that it was bleeding. UNBELIEVABLE! My sweet bundle of baby girl dressed head to toe in a pink Texas Rangers outfit complete with lacy socks was picking boogers and getting blood ALL over herself. If you could have seen the look of determination on her face and then the smile that came across it when I proceeded to talk to her about the behavior of a little lady. She was so proud that I couldn't help but be proud for her. Now I just have to convince her that this is not an appropriate thing for a princess to do. I am laughing at myself over that last statement. I haven't been able to convince her of anything she didn't WANT to be convinced of so far.

Outside of learning this new skill today has been fairly quiet for us. She enjoyed some organic chicken and wild rice with some peas on the side for lunch. She has refused to take a nap of any length that would count, and so I plan on her being nice and fussy when her physical therapist arrives this afternoon. At least I will have a new milestone to talk to her therapist about. Perhaps my princess will even demonstrate her amazing new skill.

Most days I just love being a mommy, but on days like today there is absolutely nothing that could compare. I am too blessed. Thanks for your love, your prayers, and your support. Have a wonderful afternoon. Trish

6 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only us mommies could find a way to celebrate boogers! I am very proud of her accomplishment and I know there will be many more to follow. Your family continues to be in our prayers daily.

Stacey in Cave Spring, GA

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Thats to funny! The stuff we moms are proud of...gotta love it.

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Ms. McFearsome said...

oh, i can't wait until she learns to belch ;)

glad it was a quiet, stress-free (minus the boogers) day :)

God Bless

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave obviously taught her that one!!! hahahahah

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I loved hearing your light hearted voice, that you are relishing the normal stuff of raising kids. Keep your chin up. We'll keep praying for more days like today. xoxoxo

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

You know that is AWESOME...never thought I would say that...but I am SO happy for you. I can hear the absolute joy and wonder from your post, something that I am sure blesses the heart of God! Way to go Ashley! Have a great night - Sunshine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home