Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/14/2007

The Wave

If you could peek inside our lives on any given night of the week you would find one or possibly all of us trying anything and everything to make our pickle smile. It really is quite amusing to watch. We jump. We sing. We dance. We babble. We sneeze. We do all of the above. Tonight you would have thought the family was sitting in the stands at Ameriquest Field watching our beloved Texas Rangers. I raised my arms in the air and everyone followed suit. Ash smiled and we all did the wave. The more she smiled the more we misbehaved. I love this crazy group of people I get to call mine.

Ash is still very tired and weak, but she did begin to wake up some more this evening. She is now sitting in the floor rubbing her Daddy's head. She loves the way his spikey hair feels and he loves for anyone to rub his head. I have the cutest pictures of her rubbing Blake and David's hair. You never know which one you will find putting her to work. She has decided that she does not want anyone to wear a mask around her any more. She will go to whatever means necessary to rip it off of your face. Dave actually has scratches on his face where she attacked his mask yesterday. It was really kind of funny. I think its good PT for her. She first tries with one hand and then eventually has to reach up with both hands and give it a good pull to take it off. It does our hearts good to see her being so much trouble. The twinkle in her eye and the determination on her face makes me smile.

Some days I still sit and wonder how I got to be so blessed. I love being her mom. Even if she does like to "fingerpaint" and give frequent tummy "offerings". I don't mind cleaning up after her. I just love being the one she will one day call "mommy". Tonight Dave and I were visiting about her, and he said, "I can just hear us now. Remember the days when we wondered if she would ever talk? Now we wonder if she'll ever stop!" That statement brought a smile to my face and it was an encouragement to my heart. I can't wait to hear that tiny voice rattle on and on and on just like her brother and sister.

Well, its time to put this pickle to bed. Blake and Al are tucked in tight and now its her turn. I just wanted to say good night. Thanks for being here and for loving our sweet Ashley Kate. Your presence means so very much. Take care and God Bless. Trish

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she's still fighting. Of all of her accomplishments, she's already mastered the most important one - that smile. I hope you all have a blessed day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home