Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/07/2007

So Happy We Gotcha!


My Sweet Ashley Kate,

How does mommy even begin? You, my sweet girl have brought such joy to our lives! We love you so very much. Everyday you make us smile. You make us count our blessings. You make us appreciate the little things in life. You make our family complete. You make life sweet!

It is so hard to believe that we are already celebrating "Gotcha Day" with you. Although the year has been tough, it seems like it was only yesterday that we were declaring before the world that you were loved, you were wanted, you were worth it. My sweet Ashley your daddy and I would do it over and over and over again even if we had only been given one day to spend with you. From the moment I knew you were here I loved you. The first time I saw you my heart flooded with joy and it has never left. I am so thankful we"gotcha"! Of all the families in the world the Father gave you to us and we are so much more than blessed. Ashley, I love you. Daddy loves you. Blake loves you, and Allie loves you. Whatever it takes, whatever is asked, whatever the cost we will do everything we can to give back to you the joy that you have given to us. Your smile, your laugh, your ornery streak, your cheeks, your hugs, your strength, and your spirit are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I admire you so very much.

Ash, I know that there are hard days and I know there are days when you struggle, but I also know that we love you enough to help pull you through those days and onto better ones. God has plans for you my sweet girl. I don't know what they are, but I believe He created you to make a difference in the heart of this world. You are leaving your mark and I love that your mark is pointing to Him. Keep sharing with us the goodness of the Lord. Keep doing your part to make sure that no one can deny how much He loves us. I am so very proud of you. Thank you for being exactly who you are. I love you, and I am so happy we "gotcha". Mommy

11 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but I must say this first picture just makes me speechless as I sat and just looked and smiled and stared and smiled and looked some more as I felt the tears begin to fill my eyes and I just thanked and praised the Lord for the privilege of knowing this beautiful little doll and for all that He has brought her through. This one picture in particular is just absolutely priceless. The second one is so sweet, too. I just love looking at both of them.
I'll probably print these so that I can show them off and proudly say this is Ashley Kate Adams, the miracle baby I've been talking about. I'm so glad you share her with all of us, and Blake and Allie too. Thank you for letting us continue this journey with all of you.

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brings tears to my eyes as I stare at your beautiful daughter. God has been so good to you two, even in the midst of such heartache. I continually check her blog to read updates on her health and her happiness and to be encouraged by what the Lord is doing in your life as well. I am praying constantly for you, Ash and for your family. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful example of one who has faith in her Lord and Savior, even when life doesn't exactly go her way.

Much love in Him,


Tiffany, Daniel and Madison (13 months)

 
At 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish thank you for sharing your heart and Ashley's story with all of us. I think I get tears in my eyes everytime I read a post. It is such a blessing to see your heart and know that God has wonderful plans for your family! Those pic's are beautiful they took my breath away! (((hugs))) ~Chandria~

 
At 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful....& she looks so good. Thanks for the pictures. God is good & faithful. What a blessing she is & your family is with the sharing of your testimony & life experiences of this sweet little angel.

 
At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures of Ashley. She looks so beautiful. Just like a princess should. Thank you so much for sharing your life with others. Your family is a wonderful testiment of what the Lord can do if you only let him in.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Carey said...

She is so cute! May God continue to bless you and your family.

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Krista said...

She is just absolutely beautiful!

 
At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I can say it any better than your other commenters. I agree with every word they say. There aren't enough 'thank you's' to adequately express just how thankful we are to share in your Ashley Kate's journey. Thank you God. Thank you Ashley. Thank you Trish and Dave for being so unselfish enough to share her with us. Thank you,thank you, thank you. Judy

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

I agree that bottom picture is sheer dipiction of a gracious God who has breathed life into little Ashley. It made me smile and well with tears at her content happy little precious face.
You are truely a blessed family and Gods love and Grace is evident in Ashley.

 
At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley looks like her grandma. Don't you think? Glad you had a wonderful celebration and Ashley was dressed and beautiful for her day!

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy Gotcha Day to you,
Happy Gotcha Day to you,
Happy Gotcha Day dear Ashley,
Happy Gotcha Day to you!!!
Love,
Laura and Rachel Roller
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home