Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/04/2007

A quick overview

First let me just share with you that by this point in my Ashley's story I believe the Father has thickened my skin. I have learned that it truly does not matter what choices I make for our family because there will always be SOMEONE out there who wants to be snotty, disagreeable, judgemental, or hateful. So I say, "Too Bad!" I refuse to let the negative few out weigh the positive many(just a little something my husband learned in college that has become invaluable to me during this time). We did go away this weekend on a trip that had been planned for weeks and I am so GLAD that we did.

We have laughed so hard the past three days and it has been exactly what this family needed. We enjoyed each other's company. We enjoyed watching our children play. We enjoyed a lot of baseball. We enjoyed our sweet Ashley Kate. We enjoyed some beautiful country. We enjoyed our RV adventure and we are so grateful that grandma and graypa decided to make this the trial run weekend.

Ash is on the rebound! We are so happy that she had bounced back once again from the effects of her chemotherapy. 5 down and 1 to go! She is amazing to me and the Father who created her is amazing to me. I love this baby and I am so thankful for each and every day that He has given us with her. She continues to live this adventure called "life", and she LOVED the RV. She played and watched BLUES CLUES and played and watched BLUES CLUES and watched BLUES CLUES some more. So much that graypa finally had to go to sleep because he had gotten to smart for Blues Clues and it was no longer any fun for him. Ash didn't care. She waved her arms around and smiled and giggled like she had never seen it before.

As you must have figured out we had no access to a connection over the weekend. We were tucked away in some of the most beautiful hard wood trees you have ever seen. The landscape was beautiful and the sky was beautiufl and the fellowship was so beautiful. I am so sorry we couldn't update while we were away, but I wanted to quickly let you all know how much we appreciate your faithfulness to check on our tiny gherkin. We do not take for granted the time you spend here with us and the time you spend in prayer for our sweet girl. I miss you all when we are away and I just wanted to say goodnight and may the Father bless you. I will post tomorrow,but for now we are going to drive our babies home and tuck them into their own beds(I love the way that sounds). Take care. Trish

P.S. The Tarheels won another tournament and they had more homeruns over the fence then I could keep track of. I lost count around 7 or 8. I can't wait to share with you some amazing things that are in store for our son Blake this Tuesday. All I can say for now is that dreams do come true and the Father cares about the desires of my eleven year olds heart. I am so excited I won't be able to sleep until after Tuesday.

11 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Im glad you all had a great time, and Ashley is feeling better. Your all in my prayers today.

 
At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trish,

Sounds like a wonderful weekend spent with those you love. Isn't it awesome how our Heavenly Father provides exactly what we need all the time? This was much needed and well deserved time away for your family. I'm so glad you got to enjoy every moment of it.

I'm continuing to pray for your family.

With Blessings,
Becky

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

OK if this posts twice I apologize - I don't know where the one I wrote went...
Praise God for a wonderful weekend - it was so good to log onto here and see that you had written! Cannot wait to see what comes next for Blake and am so thankful Ashley is feeling better! Blessings Sunshine

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing your weekend was!!! So happy for you all.

Can't wait to hear what Tuesday is bringing for Blake and your family.

Thanks so much for sharing!

In His love,
Rhonda

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Sounds like an awesome trip and I am so thankful you were able to take Ashley with you on a TRIP!! HOW EXCITING!

As for those we are negative, your thick skin is probably the best way to handle it...I am so impressed you don't lash out...it makes me so angry to read those posts...but I know they just don't know...a friend of mine recently told me (we have gone through a rough time here with some friends)...he said "they don't know that they don't know." I thought about it and thought about it...it's right on target...they have no idea what they are talking about and they have no idea they have no idea what they are talking about...sad for them...we can't take it on or it will tear us down.

You and your family are a blessing!!!

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger Krista said...

dont worry about what others think! you needed that weekend and You should live life to the fullest with little Ashley Kate. You have been Blessed with every day with her! She needs to enjoy life ! Glad you had a good time! Still Praying for the results of the soon to come xray of lungs!

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOME is where the heart is! You have provided Ashley a "home" wherever she has been because of your very presence and love for her. It is what it is! You're playing the cards you are dealt and dancing with the one who brought you, so to speak. What else is there to do except to do what you have to do the best way you can? I firmly believe that our God gives wisdom specifically to parents of children vs. the rest of the earth's population--which isn't to say that there is also wisdom in a multitude of counsel, but you get the idea. BLESSINGS to you and your family.

 
At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope yall had a wonderful time. I'm sure Ashley is loving seeing the whole big world. Sounds like Blake gave her quite a show!

 
At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Ash is on the rebound. Always praying!

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

So glad you got some time away with your family! :)

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Glad you made it home safely and glad you had a great weekend. Way to go Tarheels!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home