Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/30/2007

"Theres no place like home"

After being away from it for 9 months I can assure that there has never been a truer statement. I have missed home so much. Tonight we will travel into town to our little yellow house. The little yellow house that God has allowed us to make our home.

I will be the first to say that I have an incredible set of in-laws. We are so grateful they have allowed us to stay in their home. We have laughed here. We have cried here. We have relaxed here. We have prayed here. We have raised our children here over the last 9 weeks. The kids are sad to be leaving. They think our timing really stinks. School is out. The pool is ready. The fish are biting down at the pond. The lazy days of summer are here and Blake and Allie's favorite place to hang out during the summer is grandma and graypa's house. To tell you the truth I think that grandma is sad too. She had enjoyed our chaos, our noise, and our mess. All of those things mean that Ash is here for her to cuddle and love on everyday. When the other is gone so is our Ashley. What a blessing grandma and graypa have been. I love to come into the room and find them laying on the floor next to Ashley's pallet. Every evening they play with her and encourage her to learn new things. It is really fun watching them be grandparents to her. Our children are really blessed. Grandma tried to convince us to leave Ash here with her tonight, but were not having any of that. She is on her way to her house, to her nursery, to her crib. I can't believe it!

Ash crashed today. She had been awake since Thursday evening with NO sleep. About 3:30 this morning she drifted off to sleep and hasn't been awake for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time all day. Her physical therapist came out to see her progress today and I'm not sure Ash even opened her eyes. She groaned and grunted a little, but I think she was convincing herself that Ms. Sue was just a bad dream. We are waiting for morning labs to check on her liver enzymes. I am almost positive that her WBC have dropped today. She went from an abnormal high, to a low, to a nothing. She is tired, and weak, and drained. It will take a couple of days for her to bounce back. She continues to smile her sweet smile at us all, but she just doesn't have the energy to play today.

Tonight I will linger extra long as I tuck the children into bed. Their rooms are all ready. Their beds are all clean. I know they will sleep well surrounded by all that makes our house their home. I can't wait to lay next to them on their beds and see which windows of their hearts they open for us tonight. I can't wait to kiss those precious foreheads and smell the sweetness of their heads. I can't wait to rock our baby in her nursery tonight and to sing to her as she sleeps. I can't wait to lay down next to Dave in our bed and hold his hand as we visit about our day. God has blessed us so very much and my heart overflows with gratitude. Life is precious, it is sweet, it is good, and it is blessed.

I will visit with you all in the morning. Take care my friends and may you be surrounded by your own sweet gifts tonight. Thank you for loving our baby and for praying for her today. Good night and God bless you. Trish

11 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel quite sure that if the walls of that little yellow house could talk they would be saying as the family "moves" back in, WELCOME HOME, IT'S ABOUT TIME. The sounds of your voices, your steps, bath water running, the washing machine going and the sounds of food prepration in the kitchen are what make a house a home. It is an answer to many prayers that have been offered up as everyone anticipated this very day. Contratulations!!!! You made it and we are so happy for you and pray that the Lord's blessings will continue to surround you.

I pray as Grandma and Graypa make the adjustment of just the two of them living in their home after having all of you for the last nine weeks.

Enjoy being back home. Truly home!! Love and prayers~~~~~

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Yay!! So glad you're home. I know you are so excited and we are excited for you.

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right, Grandma is a little sad but so happy for you all at the same time. God's timing is always perfect and I'm sure you're all so excited about now. I know it's a great thing for you to all be together in your own home again where you can totally be yourselves - if you ever need a trip to the country (and you will, I'm sure), you know our door is ALWAYS open to you all. We welcome all our children and grandchildren here any time and love having all of you. I know you got tired of the driving "all the way out here" but don't let that stop you in the future. It's really not that far, ya know. Sweet dreams to you all tonight in your favorite place on earth; that little yellow house! Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Praise be to God!!! I am so excited for your family that you are all together in your own home.
Pray for little Ashley and that she will feel better soon.

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love when you pray for something forever and forever and it seems like it will never happen, but then when it does, you TRULY enjoy and appreciate it because it's so perfectly sweet. I know you'll hear every bird tonight outside your window and love every sound of the A/C kicking on or echo of the hardwood. ENJOY! So much is winding down, from this to the chemo. God is soooooooo wonderfully amazing.

 
At 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise...Praise!! Such a long time coming & so much has been accomplished to allow it to come to pass......Moving back in YOUR home with all of your children. Thank you Jesus for answered prayers!! Enjoy.... (= Our God is so faithful. (= -S.S.

 
At 12:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you to be in your own home - all together! What a special time! It makes me appreciate the clutter and chaos of my own home and family and the fact that it is a sign of vitality and activity, etc.

You all continue to be in my prayers, especially little Miss Ashley. Her journey in life is so hard and yet so exciting and marvelous. God is truly at work through her. There is something in her eyes that just beams from deep inside and captivates me. Also, I am amazed at how "grown up" she is in the pictures lately. She is really making progress and we rejoice with you.

You continue to bless me through this journal page. It is a privilege to have a peek into your lives and your spiritual journey as well. We miss you in Omaha but are so glad you are with your family and finally "At Home"! Blessings, Lou Ann

 
At 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and may God continue to bless you!!

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news! I hope that your first night in your home went perfectly!

 
At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you and your family. I am praying for you guys!

 
At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so delighted for you that you will be able to go HOME! A sweet sigh of relief to just be a family together, to enjoy each other's company, and linger at home together.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home